1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

OC or kk2.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NightThorn, Apr 17, 2012.

1. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

i didn't see a tread about this, so i figured i would ask. I am So-so worried about battery life and I have never set up overclock before. I just downloaded voltage control, I am wondering what a good min/max would be? I don't want the battery to die too soon but i love the added speed. I am running Half ass rom with KK2.3.Any ideas would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Purponic

Purponic Well-Known Member

There is actually numerous threads on this. Most of them fell off to the 2nd page now though. Try using the search feature with the words "prevail overclock" with out the quotes of course. You'll see a bunch of threads with the info you're specifically looking for.

NightThorn likes this.
  3. NightThorn

NightThorn Member

Thanks Purponic. I could not find it anywhere.

4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Xargen and NightThorn like this.
  5. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

I use the 900 MHz/200 MHz
    Minmax
    The real benefit is using CPU master pro
    Set screen off profile to Max 200, battery lasts foreeeeeevvvvvveeeerrrr...

During use prevail is a battery hog :)

NightThorn likes this.
  6. Dest1ny

Dest1ny Member

With the signal problem when installing CTMod, I was thinking of installing HalfAss ROM but they both require me to set everything back up on my phone which I find it long and stressful. I want to extend the space my phone has for apps, and it would require either or. The only problem I have is to choose either speed or space. I have a 4gb Class 6, and a 16gb class 2 SD Cards.

I guess when I find the time to do it all it'll be good. Only thing I need that happens is that I install CTMod and bricks my phone while at the same time DDoSing the central data switching centers across the Sprint/Boost Network knocking out the service to half the people in the U.S, which will in turn jam the call centers with angry customers, and IT investigating only to find it out it was me trying to install CTMod and my plan resets to $55 a month. :/

7. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Android Enthusiast

well if you REALLY don't want to wipe, you could always use the old A2SD. My wife still prefers this setup with her stock sd card. She thinks the custom ROMs are 'too flashy' and by the time Half-Ass came on the scene she didn't want to flash her phone anymore. Just format the sd-ext partition to ext2 and it'll work the same as koumakernel with ssm and two partitions. In fact, if you use a program like EASEUS Partition Manager you won't even necessarily lose the files on your sd cards. Backup still recommended.

8. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

hey Inigo....my wife is using your inigo mod with a2sd preinstalled from back in the day...she loves it..

i still use DT from time to time...i like the new kernels but something as solid as your a2sd, you cant go wrong...one of my favorite mods for this phone..

some of the new members might not say it but i apreciate the awsome work you did on this phone :D

inigomontoyasr likes this.
  9. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Android Enthusiast

aww, shucks. it weren't nuthin. :eek:

side note...what's up with the women not wanting the shiny new stuff?

10. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

lol good question bro...my wife is content with the stock feel..i had to keep redoing the phone for her like every two days..so your ROM was the perfect fit..and i dont have to hear her complain about every lil detail :thumbup:

11. wetbiker7

Heh, at least you guys can get your women to use a smartphone. My wife won't touch 1. :rofl:

12. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

My wife got the smartphone first and spent like forever convincing me to get one lol. She loves the ctmod with the integrated a2sd. She doesn't hardly ever change ROMs and has been on 2.5 until i finally convinced her to try 3.5 :D

13. wetbiker7

I know why she likes 2.5 so much. It's a great ROM.:D

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews