• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Occasional incoming mail failure

damokay

Lurker
Mar 30, 2009
Hi, I've had the G1 a couple of weeks and love it! Everything is working really well although I have one small niggle which I can't sort out:

Occasionally my incoming emails stop arriving. If I go into the account settings and open the Incoming Mail settings page then click Next, the app force closes. If I then go back into the Incoming Mail settings and tap Next again it successfully checks the settings and I will start receiving emails again.

The only thing I have noticed that may be of help is that this tends to happen when the phone has switched from 3g to wireless or vice versa.

Any help or ideas would be very appreciated!

Cheers
Damo

Hi, I've had the G1 a couple of weeks and love it! Everything is working really well although I have one small niggle which I can't sort out:

Occasionally my incoming emails stop arriving. If I go into the account settings and open the Incoming Mail settings page then click Next, the app force closes. If I then go back into the Incoming Mail settings and tap Next again it successfully checks the settings and I will start receiving emails again.

The only thing I have noticed that may be of help is that this tends to happen when the phone has switched from 3g to wireless or vice versa.

Any help or ideas would be very appreciated!

Cheers
Damo

I assume you mean when you say: "when the phone has switched from 3g to wireless or vice versa." you mean from 3G > WiFi > 3G ?

One thing i have had when I had wifi ... is my push mail from yahoo did not work all the time .. ??? as to why .. Router, service provider ????

I know this wasn't much help ... but lets you know it is not a one-off and to clarify what you meant by switching for 3G to wireless ( 3G is one of the wireless networks ) others are wifi, gprs, and edge ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones