1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Occasional wifi and mobile data network problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dpbayly, Feb 13, 2014.

1. dpbayly

dpbayly Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    Hi all I love the phone, I've had the Note 1 and Note 2 and I've never had this issue before.

It sometimes even though it shows good wifi connection when I click on browser or anything else that needs the connection it just does nothing and then comes up no connection all the time showing full signal wifi connection and to get it working sometimes if I just reload the page it will come back to life but failing that if I disable and enable the wifi it works again what normally happens when it doesn't work the upload /download arrows showing the phone connection working show the phone uploading info (green arrow) but I get nothing downloading orange arrow.

I have the Auto switching turned off and that doesn't help and it does it both at work and at home connections.

Another thing It occasionally does (I don't know if its related) but when leaving the wifi connection the phone should switch to mobile data connection for some reason it doesn't and next to the signal bar where the connection status normally is theres nothing and again when I selects the browser it displays no connection and to get it working again I have to restart the phone or if I select flight mode then de select flight mode it comes back.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know what my issue is and how I might sort it?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The phone should still be under warranty, so why are you worrying about it? Bring it to the carrier's store and let them reflash, fix or replace it.

3. zipred

zipred Android Expert
    None

Oct 8, 2013
    California USA
    I'd take it back right away, that's abnormal behavior. Between my friends and family, there's eight of them, all are fast, fun and trouble free after months of heavy use.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.