• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Occasional wifi and mobile data network problems

dpbayly

Lurker
Dec 31, 2013
Hi all I love the phone, I've had the Note 1 and Note 2 and I've never had this issue before.

It sometimes even though it shows good wifi connection when I click on browser or anything else that needs the connection it just does nothing and then comes up no connection all the time showing full signal wifi connection and to get it working sometimes if I just reload the page it will come back to life but failing that if I disable and enable the wifi it works again what normally happens when it doesn't work the upload /download arrows showing the phone connection working show the phone uploading info (green arrow) but I get nothing downloading orange arrow.

I have the Auto switching turned off and that doesn't help and it does it both at work and at home connections.

Another thing It occasionally does (I don't know if its related) but when leaving the wifi connection the phone should switch to mobile data connection for some reason it doesn't and next to the signal bar where the connection status normally is theres nothing and again when I selects the browser it displays no connection and to get it working again I have to restart the phone or if I select flight mode then de select flight mode it comes back.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know what my issue is and how I might sort it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones