• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OCLF help

tlo07

Jul 15, 2010
I am trying to root with OCLF and after reboot I get these options:

reboot system now
reinstall packages
delete all user data
delete cache data

None of these options are what the previous (before the boot) screen said I would choose. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Actually I got that figured out now with the help of YouTube. I just needed to choose reinstall packages.

My next question is about the lag fix. Now my phone says "Install EXT2 Tools finished successfully". Do I need to reboot and choose reinstall packages like I did for the root?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I rebooted and chose "reinstall packages". Now when I go into OCLF the lag fix is no longer available to me (I assume because the files were successfully copied to my phone) but I don't think it applied. I never had to partition or anything. It just restarted after I chose "reinstall packages" and went back to the regular screen. What do I need to go in to in order to get the lag fix to apply?

Definitely the lag fix did not "stick". My quadrant scores are still in the mid 800s. Can anybody tell me what to do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones