• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help odd android system drain

cjtkd

Lurker
Dec 28, 2014
Hi.
I've owned my Note 4 for a good month or so now, great bit of kit! I've suddenly seen it develop an odd android system drain yesterday. I've tried removing the most recent apps, deleting the system cashe, I'd already removed all the bloatware and and stopped google now etc. The only other different factors are I started using a Sony smartwatch 3 via Bluetooth (although it hadn't caused any issues the first 3 days of use) and I've been in a low reception and WiFi signal area for the last 24 hours. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Thanks. Since this morning I managed to run a quick test. I turned off bluetooth and noticed that android system ran at around 2% to 3% lower than screen time with android OS running about 5% lower still. When I turned bluetooth on and connected to the watch android system shot up to 25% with the phone on standby. Could the lower than usual signal and weak WiFi be contributing still?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't worry too much about percentages,as something is always going to present itself as the #1 user of battery/resources,regardless of use of the phone,or,lack thereof.
What length of time between charges were/are you experiencing before & after the weak data/WI-FI signal?
If you're making it through a typical day & not having to charge until the day is over,I'd go out on a limb & say everything is OK.
If not,the weak data/WI-FI signal would be my 1st guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones