• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Odd attitude by ATT over Captivate GPS problems.

It is AT&T that releases the OTA updates correct? I don't think it is unreasonable to talk to AT&T representatives about an update they will be releasing. Yes talking to Samsung tech would have probably been a better idea (in theory) but AT&T should know at least that a problem exists and if a fix will be released; so I believe the OP was acting reasonably by asking AT&T.

I agree that AT&T just doesn't know because they haven't had many Android phones and this is their first flagship Android phone, the kind that power users buy and expect more from (or at least what's promised). They are a big company and big companies are slow; so I believe ignorance is being confused for deceit. Although I think it would be pretty easy for them to spit out some kind of computer doc that would pop up for all the drone customer service reps that at least informs them what an android phone is and its capabilities.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones