• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Odd Calendar issue with Exchange

I checked the other posts, but they are not the same issue as this.

I have a user with a brand new Atrix 2. Unit set up the corporate account easily. Email and calendar work well, except for one quirk.

If a meeting request is sent, and he answers it on the phone, it shows up on the Outlook calendar on the computer but not on the phone. If he answers it from the computer, it shows up in both places?

To me, this makes no sense what so ever. Can someone explain and advise how to correct this?:thinking:

With my Droid X (years ago now), I had similar issues with our Exchange 2007 talking to the phone... I was missing items on the phone that were in the Outlook client, etc.

I honestly believe that Motorola's Active Sync client is very quirky... I've had others with Droid X2's, Bionics, etc. etc. having the same issue. It may have something to do with Motorola phones not liking something in the pre-existing Exchange calendar, but I never took the time to really research the issues, I only fixed it for my phone.

Anyway, what I did to resolve my Droid X issues, I first deleted the Sync Account on the phone. I then created a PST file backup of my entire Exchange Calendar using the Outlook client and saved that backup file on my PC. I then went back into Outlook and click on the Calendar folder. Change the view to a "List" view (in 2010 Outlook, click the View tab, then click "Change View" and finally "List"). Click on your first listed calendar item, press and hold SHIFT and then either scroll and click the last item, or simply press the "End" key on your KB. With all of your items highlighted, delete them. (You may want to keep them in the Deleted items folder just in case for now.) Exit out of Outlook, go back into outlook, and then finally restore the Calendar PST file backup (do not import duplicates).

Finally, set your phone back up to Sync and see if your calendar items function as they should after it gets synced up.

The process is not for the faint of heart, but if you do everything correctly, you have two backups (PST and Deleted Items) to restore from. It is a bit painstaking, but it worked for me... I don't think it could hurt you at all to do this, even if it doesn't fix the issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones