• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odd Desire problems. Totally stumped!

coreymike

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
Hello forumites

I rooted my Desire with the Revolutionary method about a month ago and had an absolute nightmare of a time thanks to dastardly ROM manager!

It left me with a bricked phone that couldn't read from the SD but thanks to some good advice from kind people on here I used fastboot to turn the sdcard back on which allowed me to start flashing ROMs again.

Unfortunately, since this traumatic event in my desire's life, the poor thing has started doing some weird things that I'm eager to resolve before any more tears of frustration roll down my cheeks!

The first thing the little chap does is whenever the phone is put into standby, ie when you tap the power button, the 3G/H internet connection goes off and won't come back on unless I go to settings and change it to either WDCMA only or GSM/WDCMA (depending on which one is already selected)

The second and most frustrating thing is that when i attempt to answer an incoming call it cuts the caller off and when i try to make an outgoing call I hear 3 beeps then silence instead of a ringing tone until the caller answers and if i take the phone away from my ear it cuts the call off!

In my attempts to resolve the issue I've flashed 2 official RUUs (my original 2.2 T-mobile Froyo RUU and the official unbranded Gingerbread RUU released by HTC) so the phone is now unrooted and the same problems remain. Oh, I also wiped the Dalvik cache with Clockworkmod (i'm using 2.5.0.7).

HBOOT states the following "factoids"
Revolutionary
Bravo PVT4 Ship S-OFF
HBOOT 6.93.1002
MICROP - 051d
Radio - 5.17.05.23

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could offer some advice ;)

Sorry guys I've been really busy with work and shiz so haven't had a chance to start looking into the downgrade.img process.

I'm gonna take time out to have a look tomorrow though :)

In the meantime, here is a picture of my dog

DSC00822.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok guys so I have the morning off work and have thus far kept away from playing Dead Island long enough to do this downgrade stuff.

My bootloader now says

Bravo PVT4 Ship S-ON
HBOOT 1.02.0001
MICROP - 051d
Radio - 5.17.05.23

I installed the official gingerbread RUU again and unfortunately the same frustrating problems remain :)

On the plus side though, with my phone in this state (and if I wack on my official Tmobile Froyo RUU) will I be able to send it in store to get repaired under warranty? :thinking: :)

I think my dog was just after an ice cream :eek:

IMAG0107.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok guys so I have the morning off work and have thus far kept away from playing Dead Island long enough to do this downgrade stuff.

My bootloader now says

Bravo PVT4 Ship S-ON
HBOOT 1.02.0001
MICROP - 051d
Radio - 5.17.05.23

I installed the official gingerbread RUU again and unfortunately the same frustrating problems remain :)

On the plus side though, with my phone in this state (and if I wack on my official Tmobile Froyo RUU) will I be able to send it in store to get repaired under warranty? :thinking: :)

I think my dog was just after an ice cream :eek:

IMAG0107.jpg
awesome dog

you dont have to put on the tmobile RUU, this is still supported by HTC.
its a weird bug. i would personally contact htc about it

Reactions: coreymike
Upvote 0
Thanks man :)

Just a last question before I prepare to lie through my teeth to my service provider...

What is it that restores the stock recovery to phone? Is it the Alpharev hboot downgrade or is it the RUU? Or do I need to do anything else to make sure the HTC lads don't get an eyefull of clockwork recovery? lol

My phone is now S-ON and Unrooted now anyway... am I worrying about nothing? Cheers chaps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones