• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help odd issue after upgrade

techker

Jun 30, 2010
montreal
spades-tv.com
Hey guys i updated to 2.3.3

i thot my root was still good cause i can still install apps from sd..

so recently i downloaded root toolbox..

when i opened it it says please root device before use...

so googled 2.3.3 fascinate root..

i tried super one click no success..

so i found a tutorial that uses odin..

so it seemed to have worked but the phone did not stop rebooting?

so flash it back with factory ROM found on the same page of tutorial..all good..

tried to re install superuser..still the same?
is this version rootable or what??

Fascinate from telus 2.3.3 kernel 2.6.35.7-t959tlkg2

Hey Techker

I have a Stock Samsung Galaxy Fascinate Telus phone
here are my stats on what I see
Firmware Version: 2.3.4
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-T959PTLKH2-CL455087
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.PTLKH2

If you find any info out on how to root with good instruction on how to do so please msg me as I am wanting to root mine. I cant believe I cannot get rid of Kobo.
I know myself that build tlkg2 from what I have read is for the Galaxy S phones and will not work properly on the Fascinate phones we have.

Upvote 0
Well I worked closely with SuSE as well as helping OpenSuSE a bit here and there. I am reading away with Android App programing as well as looking into loading up my tool kit again may as well do a bit of programing or help fix away at things make the android community stronger by fixing known bugs ect like I did a bit of with the SuSE team.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones