• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Odd memory issue & Kies Stinks

It's day 3 with my new SGP. I've download a few Apps but not many and my Internal storage is full?

I called Sammy and we just ended up doing a factory reset. But when I get started again the memory is full? I sync with my google account during the set up like it asks but I doubt it fills up memory? The player 8gb and it shows 5gb available, I understand that part. I add 3 Apps (Google Music player, Netflix, Zynga poker) and then my internal memory shows 4.89gb full?
Do I have a bad unit?

Sammy Rep was shocked I was able to get Kies working. 90% of his calls are to get it working or Tech support issues. Under his breath he basically tried to tell me it sucks and don't use it. Every question I asked he referred me to looking for a Third Party App to solve my problems.

Thanks for all your replies Hook. I put them on my sd card via drag and drop. I never downloaed from google, it froze. But then again, maybe it installed.
I think the Kies thing caused something because it xferred my photos but then I wasn't able to delete selected ones from SGP to save space. A result was I couldn't even open the Gallery icon to view pics. Sammy Rep had me do a reset because things weren't adding up.

** Samsung support was really helpful and very willing **

I'm getting there slowing. ITouch would have been easier but this is so much more fun and Samsung device seems so much better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones