1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Odd occurence with a blank text message!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dreckly, May 31, 2010.

1. Emmsie

Emmsie Newbie

Yup same here on orange. Random!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. masherthemash

masherthemash Newbie

Yes!!! Seems to have worked for me. Had the anonymous message just where you said.Thanks

3. Dreckly

Dreckly Newbie

Found a blank text on my sim - deleted it now, wait and see if that stops the problem!

4. Algoz66

Algoz66 Newbie

I went into the SIM messages option, deleted and it's gone forever! Thanks whoever it was gave that hint :)

5. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert

You're welcome ;)

6. Bright Spark

Bright Spark Lurker

Worked for me..........Thanks

7. tef89

tef89 Android Enthusiast

I have this issue (on Orange), however I've deleted it from the SIM twice and it still returns randomnly, possibly after I've gone through the 30 minute farce that is trying to get an MMS that's been sent to me.

8. Same here on Orange

9. GreenShoot

GreenShoot Lurker

And here - Orange, HTC Desire and blank messages on my SIM card. Sometimes from "Anonymous" sometimes from random-looking symbols looking like the artist formally known as Prince (I wonder whether he's trying to contact me?) Anyway, I've followed your advice on removing it from the SIM and we'll see.
    Have you all told both HTC and your network?

10. drunken jedi

drunken jedi Lurker

me too, on orange when 2.1 was on phone they came through at random times but mostly after turning the phone on, from anonymnous. Now after 2.2 update i get the same blank text but from #$ or other weird symbols. :thinking:

11. tef89

tef89 Android Enthusiast

It's just a nuance of Orange and the phone, luckily I don't get a lot of vm's :)

12. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

It is to do with getting a missed call or answerphone message. Seems really hard to delete it as well sometimes. I am on Orange as well. Debranded but locked to the network. I remember getting the texts on previous Orange phones and the text would display correctly. Its completely screws up on the Desire for some reason.

13. Vicdude

Vicdude Android Enthusiast

I reckon it's orange spyware kernels ;) Just checking where you are stuff :D

14. ldn-j

ldn-j Member

I get weird messages with hieroglyphs every time after I access a voicemail

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews