1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Odd problem with text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kurtov, Aug 17, 2012.

1. kurtov

kurtov Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2012
    Hello,

I have this weird problem and havnt been able to find anyone else with it online so far, but i hope someone here could help me.

The other day, all of a sudden, my phone stopped letting me type text messages. I can still receive them, i can select "quick texts" and send those, or send blank messages but when i tap the section that is supposed to bring up the keypad for typing, nothing happens. I won't vent to much about this problem, but its ****ing annoying.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. PumpDrivrx

PumpDrivrx Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Male
    to deface the company T-Mobile
    Twin Cities
    Well, it is not in settings, but you could always try the dreaded factory reset.

3. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    School
    Bronx NY
    Try to the download a third party messaging app first to see if that lets you send it. If it doesnt then i would do a factory reset.

4. ChromeJob

ChromeJob Member
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    I kill software
    Raleigh, NC
    Settings | Apps | All Apps | Messages [or Message store] ... click the app, and click Clear Data. You will lose all your previous messages (and, I suspect, preferences, signature, Quick Replies), but this is a simple way to flush out stuck and misbehaving apps (particularly the built-in ones you can't uninstall).

No, no, no. Don't use the atom bomb to kill a mosquito. If you don't know how to fix something, let's not advise people to factory reset the phone, okay?

5. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    School
    Bronx NY
    Lol, im not sure if he has solved it yet, but you should never factory reset just because of messaging problems. I had MMS issues on SpeedRom 6.5 and im now using GoSMS and it works. Sometimes its just the app acting up

Tags: