1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Odd question about setting up icons.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bloedig, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Bloedig

Bloedig Lurker

Just got my Nexus Prime yesterday and trying to set things up and have found one thing (or rather not found) that my Droid X had. On the Droid X I could easily set up icons on the screen for quick dial of different contacts. At work I have 4-6 numbers I call all the time and it was super handy to just have those icons there so I didn't have to fumble / search through contacts to find them each time.

I can't seem to find how / where you can do this in the Nexus Prime. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Sorry if this has been asked. I searched and didn't see where it had been.

Thanks,

Paul

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

Widgets > Direct Dial

3. uffy

uffy Newbie

Click the application button. Click widgets at the top. Look for Direct Dial.

4. Bloedig

Bloedig Lurker

Wow, thank you! Super fast answers.

Found it and works like a charm. :D

Thanks again!

5. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Android Enthusiast

It's there Paul. you actually have a few choices. there are like three different widget choices for contacts. A small square. A longer one with more info and then a full contact one.

What i did was make a nice folder with my "favorite 6 numbers". In "widgets" i choose the contact one and then out them all together in on folder. Now i click on the folder and all 6 come up and i pick who i want to call.

Play around with the contact widgets until you find the one thats best for you. I just noticed there are more than 3 options. they have a bunch

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews