1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Odd reboot problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UKNewbie, Dec 3, 2013.

1. UKNewbie

UKNewbie Member

I have just bought a secondhand HTC Desire HD

The only problem I have encountered so far is that every time I take a picture the phone switches itself off!

Any guidence would be appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UKNewbie

UKNewbie Member

Hurrah, I have found a solution
    [Q]Camera restart phone - xda-developers
    Re. camera restarting phone - it's been reported that when on autobrightness, the camera will reboot the phone sometimes. Using an alternative camera app (like Camera 360 for instance), or not using autobrightness for the display, will help.
    I have turned off screen autobrightness in Display settings and it seems to have solved the problem

D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Thanks for coming back and sharing the solution... hopefully, if anyone else comes looking for an answer, your posts will help :)

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

When the battery is "low" this can happen. And an original battery will be getting quite old now as well. Maybe a new battery or make sure it is almost full when you take pictures.

Search through the custom rom section for the DHD on xda and you'll find quite a few comments.

Dave

UKNewbie likes this.
  5. UKNewbie

UKNewbie Member

I have just bought a new battery
    I will turn back on auto brightness and see if it has fixed the issue

Yep! That has fixed it :)

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews