1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

odd request (battery torture test/review)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by brandonrr, Jan 15, 2013.

1. brandonrr

brandonrr Member
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    i have recently bought 3 different batteries off of an online retailer for about $5 each shipped for my HTC Thunderbolt (rooted). i want to test the quality and abuse-handling qualities of these batteries and how durable they are compared to the stock battery (i have 2 already).

i have no problems with any of these 3 batteries being completely ruined. if the phone is ruined as well, i wouldn't be too upset, as i got my galaxy note II last week and am loving it. the thunderbolt is no longer connected to phone service, but i do use it as a WiFi browser and game player.

what is the fastest and most abusive way to drain these batteries? so far, i have installed "battery drain" from the app market and run it while the LED is left on. i turned on all the draining features except for "vibrate" so i don't burn out the little motor.

is there a faster battery draining app on the market? anything i can do to obliterate the charge any way that is faster?

long story short, i want to see how many of these abusive cycles each of my new cheap batteries will take before they start losing capacity, as well as tracking original capacity by timing how long it lasts from 100% down to 0 using the same test for each.

--thanks in advance

Advertisement