• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odd Screen Issue

DAT270

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
I have a DX that I rooted using Pete's Motorla One Touch tool. It worked great until I installed ADW EX Theme manager and several ADW themes. All of the sudden my DX went into the Red Eye of Death Boot Loop. BUT, here is the funny part. The screen shows the red eye permanently, however the phone IS operating underneath. When I call it, it rings and vibrates and I still hear all the notifications. I tried booting into Safe Mode, but it stays with the red eye. When I plug it in to the wall charger, it occasionally switches to the unlock screen, but it is frozen and I cannot unlock it. I didn't install any ROM on it after I rooted it. Does anyone know a way to remotely Uninstall ADW or how to burrow into the phone and delete with say a HEX editor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's been 24 hours now and I have tried to read any forum post everywhere I could think of to no avail. Also, what will happen if I Unroot using Peters Unroot tool? Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums DAT270, im glad you posted in the correct spot with your issue, one of the few to ever do that :)

if you cannot see what your doing in the phone there are 2 ways to do this, and your not gonna like em

1.) SBF
2.) Boot into the stock recovery, and wipe data and cache.

that will be the only way to get your phone back to working properly, the fact that adw ex done that to your phone is kinda strange, because adw hasnt done that to my DX, or GNex

it may be a glitch in your system, so do one of those 2 and try again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones