• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help odd stock keyboard setting question

Jeffruby

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2009
I keep going back and forth to swype/stock (can type so easily and fast on swype...but just HATE tap typing names into it, and hate when the "new world reminder pops up"...so for now..back to stock..

for you guys who can touch type FAST...what settings do u use

1) vibration on/off (i think i like it on...but when i type faster than it pulses it gets distracting

2) what is UP with the "check spelling before prediction"...what in heck does this do and is it good on or off

thanks

I abandoned Swype since I found I wasn't using it to swype and I could do regular typing faster on the stock keyboard.

I also have anything to do with prediction and spell check turned off. In other words I have everything turned off in the Text Input section of the settings.

One thing I wish was quicker on the stock is the press and hold functions like the number over the letters.

And whatever mood I am in I turn haptic/vibration off and on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones