1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Odd thing happened in gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Caker188, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Caker188

Caker188 Member

This is what my gallery looks now. Originally I had around 350 pictures. Now I have over 1700! Most of them are duplicates I guess but it'll take forever deleting them. Anyone had this problem?

Attached Files:

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I have duplicates created by something called Instant Upload. I don't recall installing an app called that so I have to look into it some more. It only copied pictures I had taken with my previous android phone that were still on the memory card though, nothing from my gingerbread SII gallery.

3. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

I'm not sure what would cause that. If is something like instant upload like bobby said, if you have Google + on your phone check the settings. It has the upload thing. Instead of gallery I recommend QuickPic from the play store. I think it works a lot better.

4. mokdakid

mokdakid Lurker

I have the same issue. Do you think it can be my micro sd card. I have a 32gig

5. Atma

Welcome to the forums mokdakid :ciao:

I don't think your sd card would cause that. Do you have multiple copies on your sd card or copies on your card and internal storage?

6. mokdakid

mokdakid Lurker

No I don't. I also set the setting on the camera to save the pictures to the sd card. Do you think that might be the culprit?

7. Atma

Its hard for me to say because I haven't run into that problem. I don't know why it would matter but all I can suggest is set it to save on internal storage and see what happens.

8. Caker188

Caker188 Member

I do have Google+ and come to think of it, that happened after it updated. I'll check it out. I just hate spending all that time deleting the "blanks". I'll try out the QuickPic too. Thanks!

9. mokdakid

mokdakid Lurker

I just installed quickPic. So far I like it. thanks for the recommendation

Atma likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews