1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ODIN MODE initial values

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wat eber, Oct 2, 2019.

1. wat eber

wat eber Lurker

Hello. I’m new in your forum and would like to ask an expert/s on ODIN MODE for help. I have been denied warranty repair, they claim that the “ODIN MODE” screenshot they have taken as evidence that the device is rooted. I do not know what ODIN MODE is about but the messages on the evidence screenshot show that the device has never been rooted.

1 ODIN MODE
    2 DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
    3 PRODUCT NAME: SM-P585Y
    4 CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    5 SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    6 FRP LOCK: ON
    7 Secure Download: Enabled
    8 WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0X0000)
    9 RP SWREV: B:2 K:0 S:0

- on line 8, the value “1” indicates a hardware repair, true, an initial repair was done by SAMSUNG on Feb,2019
    - on line 8, the “0X0000” looks like an error code in initialized state
    - lines 4 and 5 are in initialized state.

If the device was rooted, lines 4, 5, and 8 would have a different values.
    Am I right or wrong on my assumption?
    Is there other line/s on the evidence screenshot that proved the device is rooted?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

not necessarily. you can still be rooted and still have the stock rom (samsung original software).....so 4 and 5 tells you nothing about being rooted....other then that it is on the original software.

but i see no evidence just from what you provided that your device is rooted. did they give your more details as to why they think it was rooted? if not i would demand a good reason. if all they have is what you have given, then i call bs on them.

GameTheory likes this.
  3. wat eber

wat eber Lurker

Thank you. Samsung insist that "WARRANTY VOID : 1 (0X0000)" shows that the software was tampered. Could you please explain how are values "1" and "0X0000" derived?