• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin One Click Problem

walkerakl

Jul 29, 2010
Having a problem with Odin. trying to download the OTA update for the captivate and it's hanging at 50%. So I thought I would flash back to stock so I can at least try it with the stock rom.

I've downloaded Odin, and I follow the steps. I take the battery out, put the batter back in. Start Odin, push VOL up and VOL down and the insert the USB. It gets to download mode every time, but Odin won't recognize it because the phone hasn't actually booted.

Is there a problem with my drivers? Do I need to try a different way to get to download mode? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

Problem has gone from bad to worse. I know you can't really brick this phone, but mine is as close as they come. I tried removing the lag fix that i did to see if that would help with odin, during the removal, my batter fell out -- the back wasn't on. It wouldn't even start, but I finally got it to start up by wiping the cache and user date, but now when it starts up it just keeps telling me that processing aren't working and I have to force a close. i can't do anything on the phone without a process stopping. I NEED Odin to work, but I can't get it to recognize the phone still. I've downloaded the samsung drivers, downloaded the galaxy s drivers -- nothing will work. Can out there who's kind enough walk me through a couple of steps. Should I delete the drivers from my computer, if so, how in the world do i even do that? Exactly which drivers should I be installing in the first place? etc, etc.

Upvote 0
Problem has gone from bad to worse. I know you can't really brick this phone, but mine is as close as they come. I tried removing the lag fix that i did to see if that would help with odin, during the removal, my batter fell out -- the back wasn't on. It wouldn't even start, but I finally got it to start up by wiping the cache and user date, but now when it starts up it just keeps telling me that processing aren't working and I have to force a close. i can't do anything on the phone without a process stopping. I NEED Odin to work, but I can't get it to recognize the phone still. I've downloaded the samsung drivers, downloaded the galaxy s drivers -- nothing will work. Can out there who's kind enough walk me through a couple of steps. Should I delete the drivers from my computer, if so, how in the world do i even do that? Exactly which drivers should I be installing in the first place? etc, etc.
i messed my phone up badly also, but fixed it with odin. I took out my sim and external sd card, left phone off, pressed up and down volume buttons while plugging phone into pc(odin already running on pc). Once i plugged phone in, the download screen popped up, i let go of volume buttons and pressed start on odin. It unbricked my phone, goodluck with yours.

Upvote 0
I finally got it to work. As a last ditch effort I installed samsung kies, and i guess that did something to fix or add some drivers that I didn't have. Fired up odin, went into download mode, it FINALLY detected the phone, and I was off and running. Thanks for the reply though! Was beginning to think I was in no man's land.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones