• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root odin question

jhayden

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
i'm about to do the odin 1.6 update and i've never done anything like this on a phone before. my question is, will all my contacts and pictures and such still be on the phone after i do the update or will i have to back them all up someway ( pics to computer, contacts to sim or paper)?

i'm about to do the odin 1.6 update and i've never done anything like this on a phone before. my question is, will all my contacts and pictures and such still be on the phone after i do the update or will i have to back them all up someway ( pics to computer, contacts to sim or paper)?

It depends on what you are flashing. Some ROMs will overwrite your personal data, others will leave them be. The post with the ROM download should say what will happen.

Sometimes after something as big as a ROM change you need to manually clear your personal data for everything to work right anyway.

FYI, your contacts should sync with Google. Check http://contacts.google.com to see if they are there.

Upvote 0

Your SD Card Material will be fine meaning pictures music videos etc so long as they are saved on the card. If you haven't saved your Contacts to your SIM Card I suggest doing so as well although it should resync up but you shouldn't take chances as well. Backup your apps just in case.

I have flashed the new ODIN update 1.6 3 times and actually it left my phone the same way it was before the update( all my messages, contacts, apps and everything was still intact) it just updated the market and everything else really didn't remove a thing but your experience may differ of course as you know. It probably won't differ though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones