1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Odin Stuck on Initialization

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Safraz M, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Safraz M

Safraz M Lurker

My Samsung S7 got stuck on Samsung Screen, won't power off now restart. Tried to use odin to re install however I get stuck on Initialization for hours and no activity, tried different AP and same results. Please help!

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

different AP? whats that, if i may ask?

is this upon launching odin? or when the phone is connected to the pc running odin?

3. Safraz M

Safraz M Lurker

AP from 3 different firmware files. while the phone is connected to the pc and odin running. identifies the connection and checks the firmware filem but does not go past the initialization step

4. Safraz M

Safraz M Lurker

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Because its pritotize other files needed to flash the os you need to flash all required files for it to work

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Safraz M

Safraz M Lurker

how do i do this?

7. ocnbrze

this

where are you getting your firmware from?

8. Safraz M

Safraz M Lurker

sammobile.

I did fill all fields from the firmware bundle and it still does not get past Initialization. I'm a newbie at this, however I do have tech experience, but not much in the mobile field.

9. ocnbrze

hmmmm have you tried using different cables? maybe try on different computers? have you tried different versions?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Knowledge my friend

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

i was not really questioning you, but the op....LOL

Deleted User likes this.
  12. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

If you're flashing full firmware on Samsung you should only need to enter something into AP since that tar contains everything. The problem is that the first line in the log should be "added" but it actually says "enter c5 for md5". To me this says your phone isn't connected to Odin properly. Did you press volume up when you saw the download mode warning?

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. ocnbrze

yeah most of the things i saw online mention being stuck initializing in odin, did say something about not being able to communicate properly. so some suggestions was try different cables or a different pc.

Shotgun84 likes this.
  14. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Ah but "added" is right in the middle. Try connecting your phone before your select the tar to flash.

ocnbrze likes this.
  15. Safraz M

Safraz M Lurker

yup, I tried all of the above except from another pc. Same result.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews