• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Odin3 1.7 Help

Hey everyone! I'm having problems working with Odin3 on my Captivate. I'm trying to flash my device, but I don't think this is working out so well.

So, I'm having to get into download mode by removing the battery, sim/SD card, inserting battery and then holding both volume buttons and plugging in USB.

I then proceed to place PDA, PHONE, CSC and PIT files into correct places, CHECK BOTH re-partition and auto reboot, then hit start. This is what comes up next:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PDA_XWJVB_Sbl.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PHONE_XXJVK.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_NEE_JV3.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Phone doesn't reboot or anything, just stays on downloading scree mode. I also noticed that it says 0 succeeded.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

I just tested something to see if I could replicate your results. I just ran Odin without my phone plugged in and put the files in the same places as you did and got the result (succeed 0 / fail 0). So my best guess as to your problem would be that your phone is not being recognized by your computer. When your phone is plugged in and recognized, a com port should light up in the first box in the top left corner.

Solution: make sure you have the proper drivers installed and a computer reboot might be required after they are installed and then you should be good to go.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/123644-captivate-usb-drivers-links-here.html

Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I'm having problems working with Odin3 on my Captivate. I'm trying to flash my device, but I don't think this is working out so well.

So, I'm having to get into download mode by removing the battery, sim/SD card, inserting battery and then holding both volume buttons and plugging in USB.

I then proceed to place PDA, PHONE, CSC and PIT files into correct places, CHECK BOTH re-partition and auto reboot, then hit start. This is what comes up next:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Phone doesn't reboot or anything, just stays on downloading scree mode. I also noticed that it says 0 succeeded.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
Are you for sure about the re-partition? All the flashes I have done , very rarely do I check that

Don't know if this will help or not.

Make sure Odin is open before you connect to download mode

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

For me all it took was flashing a the SuperSU zip in cwm and then rebooting to download mode and trying again. Note that this was on my Droid Charge.
I hope that you succeed in your endeavors,
Blessings,
~A

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones