1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

OEM battery getting a 90% charge?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrHerbDaily, Dec 29, 2013.

1. MrHerbDaily

MrHerbDaily Well-Known Member

I've noticed twice now that when I charge my LG motion, the battery will get to 90% charge and the battery icon stops the charging animation as if the battery is fully charged, yet it shows 90 -91%. If I restart the phone, it will show 100% charge then. This is the original battery that came with the phone. I do have the Battery HD app installed. However, I've had that app since I purchased the phone over a year ago and have not had this problem until a few days ago. Is it a software glitch or is my battery going bad? I think it's the latter.

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Let the battery run down until the phone tells you to charge it. Give it a 24 hour charge. If turning the onone off, then on, changes the charge from 90% to 100% it's not a bad battery.

3. rhino889a

rhino889a Android Expert

I have a couple motions. Have the same problem
    When it gets to 90 98 or so
    I reboot it
    When its 100 after a boot i would say its charged

The motion has many other battery issues

Now n then a completley dead battery will not take a cbarge untill you plugn unplug abunch of times( I Never Let mine get down past 5-8 percent

Also there seems to be an issue withbattery going bad then allowing phone to fry

4. MrHerbDaily

I let the battery get to 17% and plugged it in. It took about 45 min to get to 70%. Then it took another hour to get to 87% and it has now been charging for another hour stuck at 87%. So if it's not the battery, it's my phone, right?

5. MrHerbDaily

Wow, it's charging extremely slow. only 1% since my last post, which was 2 hours ago.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I am using a wall charger. I want to try using another charger to see if it's a problem with the cable/charger. Would it be OK to use a motorola charger? It has the same ratings 0.2A 5.0V output.

6. MrHerbDaily

After taking the battery out and cleaning the terminals, the phone is now charging to 100% again :)

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews