• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OEM Battery overheating

T

TxGoat

With the HTC battery having such poor performance, I find myself plugged in all the time when I am doing something that uses a lot of data or processing on the phone's part (gaming). Recently my battery has been heating up (flashing green/amber light) and so it leads me to another complaint about the phone. If they knew the battery was going to be an issue, why didn't HTC engineer the phone so that you could charge and use it at the same time without it overheating? This phone is becoming harder and harder to recommend to friends and family. I guess a 2nd battery may be the only answer at this point.

The OEM battery sucks and any generic battery is going to suck. there are some on here who have been using the extended battery 2750 but it looks like crap with the new battery door.

I myself bought 3 generic HTC Merge batteries (1500) off ebay which came with a easy plug in charger for $10 bucks. This by far weighs out buying a extended battery and i never have to have phone plugged in to charge.
If im going somewhere all day, ill just take a few charged ones with me, pop it out and reboot in under a minute, take the discharged ones home and plug them into charger.
I never had any battery overheat but older phones i noticed sometimes they would get fairly warm while charging with the phone so i tend to not charge with phone if i dont have to.

Good luck in what you choose. The phone itself is still awesome to have but it does have its bugs that need worked out. I post questions on this forum and no one seems to answer, i seen your question and figured i dont want to be in the same boat as them so i answered yours. :)

Upvote 0
If the stock battery is overheating, it may be defective. I'd see if you could get it replaced on that basis - they should get you a replacement for free!

As for the 2750 extended battery, it's a question of personal preference. I have it and I'm not concerned with it's looks, I just like the fact that it will give me a full day's use for what I do before it needs a charge. Just be forewarned that your case options will limited with it.

Upvote 0
If the stock battery is overheating, it may be defective. I'd see if you could get it replaced on that basis - they should get you a replacement for free!

As for the 2750 extended battery, it's a question of personal preference. I have it and I'm not concerned with it's looks, I just like the fact that it will give me a full day's use for what I do before it needs a charge. Just be forewarned that your case options will limited with it.

I may have to ask for a replacement battery. I hate having to charge it while I'm using it, but I don't see any way around it without getting a larger battery. I guess I'll monitor the battery, although most carriers don't like swapping out batteries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones