• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories OEM HTC Touch Pro 2 Battery?

The Touch Pro 2 battery is SLIGHTLY larger, it fits no problem, but sometimes it will leave a gap. If it does you just need to take off the back panel and start over if you see a small gap.

There is def an increase in battery life over the OEM 1300 battery. For $15 you just can't go wrong.

I ordered this one: OEM HTC TOUCH PRO2 PRO 2 BATTERY TMOBILE SPRINT VERIZON - eBay (item 360255445426 end time May-22-10 08:06:07 PDT)

I also ordered the 2x batteries and desktop charger from hong kong. Haven't received them, but I bought it mostly for the desktop charger 2X Battery+Desktop Charger For HTC Droid Incredible New - eBay (item 320529431475 end time Jun-08-10 00:30:02 PDT)

Upvote 0
OK, so this battery has arrived, as others have noted the TP2 battery IS slightly thicker than the OEM Inc unit. When replacing the back case there are some tiny gaps at the bottom near the USB port, really not noticeable unless you're looking for them but I wanted to put that out there.

I charged it to 100% with the phone powered off and have had Network, Wi-Fi, GPS, Twitter, antivirus, the Weather Channel, Maps and a live wallpaper running for an hour and batt level (I use batteryminder) is still pegged on 100%. BM is telling me I have over 26 hours of charge (which will depend on usage, of course).

I will post again tomorrow if I have a chance after the battery's run a full cycle but this batt could be a winner.

anxiously awaiting feedback, NO PRESSURE!!! I was going to get the TP2 1500, but i am curious to see what you get with the 1600. thanks!!

Upvote 0
Here is a pic with my Touch Pro 2 battery installed in the Inc. This TP2 was my previous phone so it is the factory TP2 battery. The yellowish line is a reflection of the overhead lights in my family room. Notice that there is no red showing. I'm also using the desktop charger from the TP2 to charge the extra battery. I took a pic of both batteries being measured with dial calipers as well. As you can see the TP2 is about .020 thicker than the Inc battery but it doesn't bulge the battery cover as seen in the first pic.
awesome pics, very well done. thank you!

Reactions: Tech Addiction
Upvote 0
A women that works with me has a TP2 and I just tried the battery with Incredible. The back snaps on fine if a bit tight. If I look closely there is a tiny gap at the bottom. It is very hard to notice unless you squeeze the back against the phone (you can see the back get closer to phone). It really is not that noticeable and I doubt the back cover will come off when not intended. I put battery in multiple times to make sure it was not related to how I put battery in.

I have no problem with fit and I might pick one up for a 3rd battery (I have a Seidio 1750).

Upvote 0
Just returned my Seidio -- couldn't get the results out of it that I could when I first got it (24 hours Up time, and 10+ hours Awake time) so I have ordered the TP2 OEM extended 2150 mAh -- I'll let you all know how that works out. I am a heavy user and I need my Incredible to last long days (6:30am - 11:30pm) with no charger/recharge.

The TP2 1500mAh extended battery sounds promising, but for what I do with this little pocket computer I need SO much more juice.

Word to the wise: *In my experience, if you had the original battery, then go with extended, don't keep switching back to original. I haven't been able to get the same performance out of my incredible since I kept switching back and forth. I may be wrong and it could be some apps that I have loaded that are killing the battery, but that's what I think it is.

Plus the Seidio gets way too hot under semi-heavy usage. I was hitting almost 100F -- which shut off the phone :O at one point!

-Elo

Upvote 0
Just returned my Seidio -- couldn't get the results out of it that I could when I first got it (24 hours Up time, and 10+ hours Awake time) so I have ordered the TP2 OEM extended 2150 mAh -- I'll let you all know how that works out. I am a heavy user and I need my Incredible to last long days (6:30am - 11:30pm) with no charger/recharge.

The TP2 1500mAh extended battery sounds promising, but for what I do with this little pocket computer I need SO much more juice.

Word to the wise: *In my experience, if you had the original battery, then go with extended, don't keep switching back to original. I haven't been able to get the same performance out of my incredible since I kept switching back and forth. I may be wrong and it could be some apps that I have loaded that are killing the battery, but that's what I think it is.

Plus the Seidio gets way too hot under semi-heavy usage. I was hitting almost 100F -- which shut off the phone :O at one point!

-Elo

Upvote 0

-Elo
Does the 2150 not need a new cover to fit in the Touch Pro 2? If so, then I would think it wouldn't fit in the Incredible without an altered cover as well. If it doesn't need an altered cover then I would think that is a great choice. How much did you pay for it?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Does the 2150 not need a new cover to fit in the Touch Pro 2? If so, then I would think it wouldn't fit in the Incredible without an altered cover as well. If it doesn't need an altered cover then I would think that is a great choice. How much did you pay for it?

I'm gonna go naked on the back for a little while unfortunately :( I paid about $40 (the same as the Seidio) Click here

I just felt like the Seidio's performance really lacked as of late... I had great results with it for about a week and then I got more apps, switched it out for a week, and let it drain to nothing and it's never performed the same since.

Don't do what I did guys! Keep a charge on it at all times, try not to switch it out for the stock battery often, and keep checking what apps you load if you notice significant battery drain over a short period of time!

-Elo

Upvote 0
OK, so this 1600mAh Li-ion Extended Battery for HTC Touch Pro 2 battery has arrived, as others have noted the TP2 battery IS slightly thicker than the OEM Inc unit. When replacing the back case there are some tiny gaps at the bottom near the USB port, really not noticeable unless you're looking for them but I wanted to put that out there.

I charged it to 100% with the phone powered off and have had Network, Wi-Fi, GPS, Twitter, antivirus, the Weather Channel, Maps and a live wallpaper running for an hour and batt level (I use batteryminder) is still pegged on 100%. BM is telling me I have over 26 hours of charge (which will depend on usage, of course).

I will post again tomorrow if I have a chance after the battery's run a full cycle but this batt could be a winner.

UPDATE: My uptime off the charger is 22.5 hours, and I still have 71% charge with batteryminder telling me I have 21 hours of charge left (!). This is with moderate use, including a half hour call and all of the above apps running non-stop. Your results may vary, but I couldn't be happier. For $20 including shipping, I think this one's a winner. BTW, the brand name on the packaging is Cameron Sino, made in China.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: My uptime off the charger is 22.5 hours, and I still have 71% charge with batteryminder telling me I have 21 hours of charge left (!). This is with moderate use, including a half hour call and all of the above apps running non-stop. Your results may vary, but I couldn't be happier. For $20 including shipping, I think this one's a winner. BTW, the brand name on the packaging is Cameron Sino, made in China.

Thanks a lot for the update!

Out of curiosity, why go for the 1600 mAh non-OEM battery when the Seidio is also non-OEM?

Is it because you had the overheating problems with the Seidio and wanted to try out another brand?

I'm still nervous about non-OEM batteries so I might get the TP2 battery right now.

Any change to play around with the TP2 2150 mAh battery?

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the update!

Out of curiosity, why go for the 1600 mAh non-OEM battery when the Seidio is also non-OEM?

Is it because you had the overheating problems with the Seidio and wanted to try out another brand?

I'm still nervous about non-OEM batteries so I might get the TP2 battery right now.

Any change to play around with the TP2 2150 mAh battery?

Price, that's the only reason. The Seidio is $20 more...for not THAT much more capacity. The 1600 mAh one I'm using apparently is going to be more than enough for my needs. My whole thing is that I just don't want to have to worry about battery life...I'm coming from the world of feature phones where battery life is never really an issue. My last long term phone was a Samsung Reclaim, which didn't do much but you could go 3 days without a charge. I'm still shocked by the crappy batt life of smart phones, but man, the Incredible is worth it. Hopefully this TP2 aftermarket batt solves the problem for some of you. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
The Touch Pro 2 battery is SLIGHTLY larger, it fits no problem, but sometimes it will leave a gap. If it does you just need to take off the back panel and start over if you see a small gap.

There is def an increase in battery life over the OEM 1300 battery. For $15 you just can't go wrong.

I ordered this one:
OEM HTC TOUCH PRO2 PRO 2 BATTERY TMOBILE SPRINT VERIZON - eBay (item 360255445426 end time May-22-10 08:06:07 PDT)

I bought an OEM TP2 battery from the same eBay seller and received it today. I was going to use my Droid Eris to charge it and test it out until my backorderd Incredible arrives (by 6/8 :(), but the battery was already almost fully charged. Does this mean anything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones