• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OEM Skins/cases Vs Aftermarket

Beeman

Lurker
Mar 1, 2010
I just ordered two new Motorola Droid's on sunday, they're due to get here on wednesday so i've been killing time looking at accessories. Just had a couple of quick questions. Keep in mind we're looking for the *gel* cases for the droid.

I know that OEM skins/cases will cost more than the bargain skins/cases on ebay I'm guessing that some of the gel cases that cost more have had some more thought put into them and are probably higher quality (get what you pay for maybe?).. I'm basically looking for personal recommendations for a brand or a website that sells GOOD QUALITY gel cases..

I'm trying to avoid having to return something because it turns out that the gel case covers up the flash, the keys on the slide out keyboard, or wont allow the phone to be used in the car dock.. That kind of thing. Anyone have any success stories they can share?

So far all cases interfere with using a car dock (the Verizon dock). Not sure that there are any that allow the use of the car dock available yet.
For me, I haven't found a case that doesn't interfere with the top row of keys on the slide out keyboard, others have said that they don't have the same issues, must be my fat fingers :D

Reactions: Beeman
Upvote 0
So far all cases interfere with using a car dock (the Verizon dock). Not sure that there are any that allow the use of the car dock available yet.
For me, I haven't found a case that doesn't interfere with the top row of keys on the slide out keyboard, others have said that they don't have the same issues, must be my fat fingers :D

Well.. That's a bummer.. Looks like I'll be less likely to use a case of any kind myself... I'll just rely on the $8/mo insurance in case i drop/break it..

I'm still on the quest for the wife though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones