• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help # of emails not showing

johnnygreek

Jun 5, 2010
Hi, according to previous screen shots before buying evo yesterday, the home screen gmail envelope has a green circle with # of unread messages but while testing out and sending multiple messages from my desktop to myself, it just shows in the task bar and not on the gmail envelope. Am I missing something her? thanks

You sure it was the Gmail app and not the HTC mail app?

My wife was just noticing the same thing last night (i.e. no number above the gmail icon). However, she found that there is an app in the market place "gmail unread" or something like that that adds this ability to the gmail icon. However, she says it's a red circle showing the number of emails for that add on app. The htc mail app has the number in green so maybe perhaps that's what you were seeing in the reviews?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones