• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Off brand android phones?

I wish I could show you all but I guess I'm to dumb to find it. :(

But somewhere on Amazon there is a supplier that makes $130 off brand note 2s that have the exact same specs and hardware just no Samsung or Note on it. (I'm assuming these are basically the same people who assemble them, just marketing it as an of brand??) Not sure but it had a good amount of positive reviews.

Upvote 0
chances are its missing more than just that, whether its different chips or screens, i can't imagine samsung is letting someone use their cpu's and samoled screens to make offbrand samsung like devices.

I don't know for sure. People were saying it was basically the exact same in the reviews comparing the note and off brand device. Maybe they were doing something illegal.

Upvote 0
I can get my S3 in and out of my pocket with ease

Haha well my nephews sitting there on his Spirit on a field trip to Orlando and his bus partners sitting next to him with a iPhone 4S wishing he took the S3 when he had the chance. Lots of those with iPhones just got it cause everyone else had it

And to get back on topic @OP I would just go for tmobile branded devices

I decided to save my money and spend a little extra on a real Note.

If I buy a T-Mobile one do I have to have it unlocked?

Upvote 0
thats not a bad plan, chances are if you wiat out a month or 2, the note 3 will be out and even bigger/better

Oh it'll be a little bit anyway since I'm going to start college soon so got to spend the chunk of my change on rent when I move and whatnot. Maybe by the time note 3 comes out Metro will have it too.

However it goes down once I get my new phone all of the huawei Premia devs will have a new guinea pig. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones