• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Off Contract Pricing Update 6/3/10

robiii

Lurker
Jun 1, 2010
Here is the info I know 100% true.

Sprint Store $449.99
Radio Shack $499.99
Best Buy $599.99

So if you have a Sprint Store near you that is the way to go. Everyone else is price gouging. And should not have a problem getting one from a Sprint store because they did not do any preorders. First come first get!!:D

Here is the info I know 100% true.

Sprint Store $449.99
Radio Shack $499.99
Best Buy $599.99

So if you have a Sprint Store near you that is the way to go. Everyone else is price gouging. And should not have a problem getting one from a Sprint store because they did not do any preorders. First come first get!!:D

I pre-ordered and only have the 1-yr $75 credit, so I'm going to see if RS is going to price match.

Upvote 0
it should be said that i am reasonably certain that you cannot activate this as a new customer without the 2yr agreement. cause thats what i wanted to do.

however sprint hasnt jacked up the etf yet so its still 200...and ends up being cheaper anyways... 200 subsidized + 200 MAX etf = 400max.

not trying to threadjack but i was personally hoping to buy this outright and do a month to month like vzw or att. o well

Upvote 0
It's more along the lines of... you have to pay full retail unless you have the 2yr renewal option available or you're a new subscriber signing up for 2yrs.

As someone who's currently eligible for the 1yr $75 discount, that will come off of the retail price of $450. I don't qualify for the $100 rebate.

*sigh*

Upvote 0
it should be said that i am reasonably certain that you cannot activate this as a new customer without the 2yr agreement. cause thats what i wanted to do.

however sprint hasnt jacked up the etf yet so its still 200...and ends up being cheaper anyways... 200 subsidized + 200 MAX etf = 400max.

not trying to threadjack but i was personally hoping to buy this outright and do a month to month like vzw or att. o well
six2one, that is what I wanted to do as well. I called Sprint and was told - sorry, but new customers are required to buy a 2 year contract. Just curious, what are you going to do? Are you paying the $200 and getting a 2 year and then canceling, paying the $200 ETF and then what? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones