1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Off-Contract / Ready to Upgrade. Which of These Phones Suck The Least?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Left Coast DJ, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    Got a stock HTC Thunderbolt. Been off-contract for a while. Getting tired of the reboots, auto-shutoffs, and lag. Should I upgrade or root? If root, will my GPS not work correctly?

I use my phone mostly for calls, texts, and camera. Which Android phone has the best camera? I'm seriously considering defecting to an iPhone because of the crappy cameras that come on Android phones along with the ridiculous bloatware.

Recommendations?

Advertisement

2. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 27, 2012
    Male
    Chicago
    Calls, texts, and camera? Not heavy on data? Check out a prepaid plan. S2/3, Nexus, Note,...

3. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 7, 2012
    Male
    IT Staff Accountant
    STL
    You need to do a little research before making wild claims. If you want an iPhone, go for the right reasons. They come PACKED with bloat as well, that's not unique to android. That's what happens when you use carriers as middlemen. The iPhone 4s/5 also has the same camera as the GS3 if memory serves. The difference is the software attached to the camera. The GS3 has one of the best softwares and has zero lag shutter.

Buying off contract? The GS2 is still a great phone and ~400 off contract. On Monday, the Nexus 4 will go on sale directly from Google for about the same price. No bloat, timely updates, quality hardware.