1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Off topic again: programming a Honeywell thermostat

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rgarner, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

How the heck do I program it? I tried looking it up but they show the wrong one. Theirs is horizontal and seems to have different controls. This one is vertical and maybe older. I don't want to freeze. Maybe I'll just leave the oven open when it gets cold.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have one and im still learning mine but can you provide more clearer pictures as its difficukt to make up

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Wish I could help you.

FWIW I think the last Honeywell thermostat I saw looked somewhat like this...which is very easy.
    f8ccab2767f7322f0665166c19457ad4.jpg
    Of course city apartments in China don't have fancy computerised central heating boilers and systems. Heating is usually communal.

BTW didn't Honeywell used to make computers?

#3 mikedt, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Rgarner likes this.
  4. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Open the face and look for the serial number because there's a lot a variations in thermostat models. From that serial number call Honeywell technical support +1(800) 633-3991 or either look up the owners manual online for that model.
    Cheers

#4 KBU2, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Mikestony, Dannydet and Rgarner like this.
  5. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Thanks, I'll probably have to do that. I sure recognize the good old round one. That kind's easy...just turn the dial. I'm going to take at least one more picture to show an overall view of it. It's kind of hard because once again bad lighting. I had to use the flashlight for those.

Attached Files:

6. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Here's a photo (or more) of the inside of the cover. I'm not sure which, if any, is the model number. At least the lighting is better.

Attached Files:

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Okay

Set us where you program the time and times you want the thermostat to turn off and on

Hold is a button where u can tell the thermostat to hold the current tempature and never be changed

Rin is a button where you save your settings you set like time and times to turn on or off and its also used to tell your thermostat to run based on what your orogrammed the tgermostat to turn on or off throughout the week

Rgarner likes this.
  8. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Thanks for your help, but it's still not working. I set it to heat and used hold and then run. Maybe the pilot light is out or something that way. I sure hope it's fixable by me, whatever it is. For the record, it's a Goodman in its own little closet, raised off the floor. There's kind of a pipe or two out of the top. The cover is at the bottom and held in place by I think Phillips screws. It's too dark for photos now but maybe tomorrow.

9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

From the pictures, it looks like an older model Honeywell Pro 2000. The later versions changed the hard, small buttons on the left to larger padded oval buttons.

See if this helps you out.

Ninja'ed by @Mikestony :p

Mikestony likes this.
  10. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

lol, I had to do a bit of googling as I've not seen that model :D
    [​IMG]

lunatic59 and Unforgiven like this.
  11. lunatic59

Most of the pictures do look like that one, but I found this on Amazon (not in stock) which look's more like @Rgarner 's pictures.

[​IMG]

Mikestony likes this.
  12. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Yeah, that last one's it. I'm not surprised it's some old one. I was thinking maybe the batteries but since it lights up I guess not.

13. lunatic59

Was it already wired into the HVAC system or is this something you installed?

First bit of troubleshooting to be to verify that the furnace works. You should have a switch on the unit to turn it on manually, or, if you are uncomfortable with things that could blow up, you might want to call in a professional.

mikedt likes this.
  14. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I was going to suggest that. Like check that the boiler or furnace or whatever the thermostat is connected to actually works. Like if it's gas, check the pilot light, or if its coal, shovel some more coal in, if it's oil fired, check the tank, etc.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Theurs also shoukd if been a swich behind the thermistate that say gas ir electric

16. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Oh, it's definitely gas. As I said, it could be the pilot light. I didn't know coal furnaces were still available. Really, shouldn't they all be solar or something that way? As for the thermostat, I did not install it and I don"t know who did. If it were up to me, I would have just a plain regular old nonprogrammable and just leave it at the same temperature all the time, unless it got really cold. By the way, how do I check if it's the pilot light and what do I do if it is?

17. lunatic59

Is there any kind of make and model on the furnace? If it's still got a standing pilot light then it's pretty old. Most of the time if you take the front panel off the unit there are instructions for checking and lighting a pilot on the inside.

18. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I don't know the model exactly but the brand is Goodman. It's probably kind of old, maybe '80s or "90s. I suppose it could be as old as '60s or '70s. I think that's when the place was built.

19. lunatic59

The good news is Goodman is still in business, but without a model number or pictures or something there's no way to know how the thing works, and it would be dangerous to guess.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Mines honey well when i take off tne oanel mine has a switch on the back saying gas or electric

21. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I'm guessing it's an '80s model but I could be wrong. If the filter's at the bottom, is it an updraft or downdraft furnace? It's a small filter, 14 x 20 x 1, and it just sits there at the bottom, no special holder or anything. I don't know how that does any good. Anyway, here are some pictures. P. S. I don't know why but it didn't do anything that I know of with the first three pictures I took. Instead, I had to post and then use edit to take more pictures and add them. Why would it do that and how do I prevent it? What happened to those pictures?

Attached Files:

#22 Rgarner, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  22. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the batteries, my honeywe

23. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Maybe I should. It still lights up and shows numbers, but maybe they're bad anyway. If all else fails, I can just use the oven. At least THAT works.

24. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Turn thermostat down till you hear a click,switch the bottom switches to off and auto and remove the batteries flr