• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Offered MyTouch 3G by T-Mobile

Tribal69x

Dec 29, 2009
Talked with Customer Loyalty about the issue regarding the Behold II not being updated to Android 2.x as promised. The best offer I have received so far is the MyTouch 3G for $154. No upgrade fee, no shipping fee. What does everyone think? Take it and try it for the 14 day buyer remorse period or hold out for a better deal? They said the Mytouch 3G Slide has been taken off their upgrade list for the time being...?

Called Customer Loyalty again this morning. Ended up getting the MyTouch 3G Slide for $180 with a $50 mail in rebate. No upgrade fee, no shipping costs, and I do not have to send the Behold II back so I will be able to sell it on Craigslist/eBay. I can live with that. : )

How much did you pay initially for Behold II? I would expect an even exchange? Why do you have to pay $180?

Upvote 0
Looks like you guys got a better deal then I did. Thought I got a decent deal at the time. Phone is on its way and I can live with the deal I received. Didn't have to send the Behold II back so when I sell that it will pay for the Slide. Hopefully I wont have another issue like this but if I do I will have to push some more to get a better deal.

Upvote 0
Called Customer Loyalty again this morning. Ended up getting the MyTouch 3G Slide for $180 with a $50 mail in rebate. No upgrade fee, no shipping costs, and I do not have to send the Behold II back so I will be able to sell it on Craigslist/eBay. I can live with that. : )

This is the original offer they gave me, but I didn't settle for that. Times are tough and I didn't have an extra $180. I payed about $180 for a MOTO Cliq back in November, went thru 3 Cliq's before swapping out for the BH2, now moving on to HTC MT3G Slide. I hope BH_MAN picked up a SLIDE, his ROM's are the SH$%#T!

Upvote 0
Looks like you guys got a better deal then I did. Thought I got a decent deal at the time. Phone is on its way and I can live with the deal I received. Didn't have to send the Behold II back so when I sell that it will pay for the Slide. Hopefully I wont have another issue like this but if I do I will have to push some more to get a better deal.

Right On Tribal69x, If you're happy, I'm happy for you!!!!! I'm gonna try and talk them out of shipping back the BH2 and give it to my daughter, we'll see!

Upvote 0
he has one, but it doesn't matter cause no one can root this bitch and three dev including eugene are working on it. so awesome roms or not we won't be seeing any until someone can crack the code.

First things first, I know! How are you digging your SLIDE behold_this? Are you gonna change your screen name to SLIDE_THIS? UUMMMMM....... maybe not, that doesn't sound so good! LOL!:D

Reactions: behold_this
Upvote 0
First things first, I know! How are you digging your SLIDE behold_this? Are you gonna change your screen name to SLIDE_THIS? UUMMMMM....... maybe not, that doesn't sound so good! LOL!:D[/QUOTE

lmfao...i like that a lot, one user suggest mt3gs_this as a joke but your's is actually reaaly funny

as for the phone i absolutely love it! fast, smooth, plenty of room for apps. join us in the slide forum if you'd like more info.

Upvote 0
I would love to swap this phone out for a 3G slide. What phone numbers are you guys calling that they are offering the swap?
The last call to customer service, I was just told that all they can do is exchange it for another Behold II. WTF? Why would I want another one of these? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Was just told by Customer Care that the only way to get a free swap is if you've had 3 warranty exchanges in 90 days. I'm on three when my new Behold gets here next week. Just keep calling and telling them of the issues. When they try to troubleshoot them, and it doesn't work, have them send a new phone. Three times. Not sure what they will offer when i send this one back, though. By the way, does this phone have the proximty sensor to prevent you from hitting buttons during a call? I thought i read somewhere that it does, but I was told by one of the tech guys that i doesn't??!!

Upvote 0
I would love to swap this phone out for a 3G slide. What phone numbers are you guys calling that they are offering the swap?
I had to think a little outside the box for this one, first i searched google for customer service and" higher up" emails as calling was not working( calling always works!!) I found the tmobile ceo email and a executive customer service email. sent a polite yet descriptive email about my 3 exchanges on the behold, the sd card preparing notification message and a few other issues, and that customer services response was after trying to fix it with no success " you can always buy a new phone'' at full price as im EM+.
bottom line was I got a call back the next day form executive customer service about my ceo email, I did not once ask for a free phone or mention no 2.1 upgrade and even said at first I was willing at first to pay the upgrade price. he did tell me that the deciding factor was i had been with them for over 10yrs he would let me have a new phone with behold 2 return.
my suggestion is ask for exceutive customer service/care when you call tmobile or worst case search for some emails

Upvote 0
If all you want is a phone to get you to 2.1 or 2.2 any phone other than the Behold II will get you there in one way, shape, or fashion.

I for one took the Cliq and did not have to pay a dime, waste my upgrade, sign a new contract, or even send in my Behold II.

It did however take a couple weeks, a lot of phone calls, and three exchanges.

I love my Cliq and now that Motorola has released 2.1 with motoblur to T-mobile I am sure I will love it even more very soon. If not, I may walk to Sprint for the Evo 4G when my contract is up in 9 days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones