• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Offical Android 3.0 Gingerbread discussion

would love it if the DESIRE is still able to get the next update.

and would love it even more if v3.0 adds these few things...
- please remove the clock at top right (as we put other clocks on the home screens) or add the date to it as well or give us the option to display it :)
- please add my alarm (if set) to the and any clock apps
- please sort out the MMS settings problems so many are having

Upvote 0
has anyone seen screen shots of the v3.0 UI?
i thought i read somewhere that the UI is totally enhanced which would make HTC Sense not needed anyway....or????

Sense isn't needed and never has been - But some people want it. It will be the same with any new UI, people will still want alternatives. Not everyone likes the same thing.

Upvote 0
Regardless of what HTC may or may not do I can be 99% certain that the clever people over at xda developers will get Gingerbread running on the Desire. I was able to get WM 6.5 on my MDAIII that was supposed to have WM 2003 SE. I even recently I tried a build of Android that runs off SD card on my WM TouchHD.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
tbh this looks more like it's being made for tablets, not for phones so much. 2.2 (with a few battery bugs and running processes bugs that need fixing) is fine really.

I personally like the idea of mobile tablets. Unfortunately the ipad is overpriced horribly and lacks basic features, typical Apple running before they can walk. But a 3.0 android based tablet excites me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones