• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Offical Moment Update

After the update, battery life has only slightly improved but everything else is a drastic change. The phone is hundred times more responsive and zippier, agps works great! and the handset is definitely more livable

I swapped my phone sunday.
My original phone would not charge right via USB - even if off. After 12 hours plugged to the computer it said "battery state: full" and "charge level:40%" (on the cj05 original rom...)

I updated the new phone to the zeffie updates,
SPH-M900_CL14_STOCK_FIXED_with_CJ05_SBL.7z
without the custom kernel (dont need root right now anyway...) and it's awesome. 27 hours 'on', with a ton of updating apps, sending text, about 30 minutes of phone calls, with all location services on... wow.
so good. SOO damn good. FYI though - this will FactoryReset your phone.

John

Upvote 0
Got mine updated in Austin last night (Gateway loc) and it was much less painful than expected. Having it wiped kinda sucks, but I've only had it a couple weeks anyway. I was in and out of the store in less than a half hour. Definitely seems quicker -- love the lack of keyboard lag and my batter is still topped off after a couple hours off the charger.

Upvote 0
I was going to wait for the OTA update but I'm having a lot of keyboard and screen orientation lag and my phone also started to do funky things like the screen not coming on when I get a call so I called my local repair center to try again and he said he is still waiting for some software and to try back Monday. Why did Sprint make this update so hard?! If it wasn't ready they should have waited! I'm sure it was because everyone was complaining but rushing it just lead to more complaining! ;)

Upvote 0
If it wasn't ready they should have waited! I'm sure it was because everyone was complaining but rushing it just lead to more complaining! ;)

Rushing? This phone had been out for nearly 2.5 months by the time the update was released. It's not even an upgrade, it's just a patch for stuff that should have already been working. ...2.5 months... this was not rushed, at least not by Samsung. The software was ready. Though I could buy that Sprint blindly released the update once they received it from Samsung without understanding how to use it.

Upvote 0
After spending over a week with the CL14 update...

My battery life 'appears' to have doubled, thanks to the correctly working battery meter.

The keyboard has no lag.

The touch pad thing actually works now (I suspect this was the same fix that helped the keyboard lag).

I did not use the GPS or aGPS prior to the update so I can't comment on that.

The screen re-orientation does not seem any faster at all.

The overall OS does not seem any faster.

Upvote 0
has anyone had a problem with their camera flash? my flash doesn't come on anymore? It definitely used to, and not sure if its related to the update?

anyone know how to test the LED flash for the camera independent of the camera app?

I suppose u could check out the (superawesome) app Momentflash if you just want to test the LED. Search marketplace - its in there.

Upvote 0
I suppose u could check out the (superawesome) app Momentflash if you just want to test the LED. Search marketplace - its in there.

got it. tried it.

first time i tried the app the flash went on, it hasn't since then. i also think i saw the camera use it once, but after a reboot. not 100% sure tho..

can anyone else confirm this with the new upgrade they're seeing the same or different?

Upvote 0
The one on outer loop couldn't do it? I have a buddy that works there and they had no problem with my sister's phone. I am sorry to hear that. I never had a good experience withthe store in Elizabethtown though. I didn't even think they were corporate so After one bad time I never went back.

Outerloop did your sister's phone? Hmmm. They told me they didn't even have the thing on their computer yet. Preston Highway said they didn't get it yet. Hurstbourne lane is also a no-go. What a farce!

Upvote 0
Maybe a hard reset. Last resort. That is wierd cause they didn't have an issue. It was the 2nd phone they had done. Though when I asked why they hadn't done the store phone they said they don't update the demo with MR. Just when 2.1 comes but he couldn't tell me anything about it. If anything else if you head towards lexington anytime soon I got mine done at the repair center near the mall on Nicholasville Rd.

Upvote 0
I already loved my Moment, but after the udpate yesterday I love it all over again like a new fresh phone.

I am a little frustrated that it did take so long to get this update out to us to fix some serious issues with the phone. Serious as in.. should never have been issues in the first place. But I am glad they got an update out.. that says a lot to me as a consumer. I dont want any other phone, and now that they improved the Moment I am happy as a lark. (Yes I used that expression).

I just noticed how powerful the Gmail connection is with this phone. It was so awesome just putting in my gmail address and my calender, contacts, etc all just loaded up within minutes. I even had my automatic sync turned off for a long time.. and it was still saving my contacts. I have had gmail since it was in beta and invite only, so its nice that google is part of the Moment for me.

Upvote 0
Hi:

For those of you bringing your phone in to a center and finding they haven't updated it, pre-update the phone will turn on and display Android, post-update it will display Samsung.

Post-update I'm having problems with the phone intermittently not waking up when receiving a call--doesn't respond to any buttons. Sprint is sending me a new phone and I'll see if that fixes the problem and report back.

Tom

Upvote 0
Hi:

For those of you bringing your phone in to a center and finding they haven't updated it, pre-update the phone will turn on and display Android, post-update it will display Samsung.

Post-update I'm having problems with the phone intermittently not waking up when receiving a call--doesn't respond to any buttons. Sprint is sending me a new phone and I'll see if that fixes the problem and report back.

Tom
Pre-update, mine said Samsung......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones