• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Offical Moment Update

Similar story here. They wanted me to leave my phone (yea right). They first said it was an OTA update and they didn't get it to work yet. I told them it wasn't OTA. Also told them they shouldn't try with 64bit machine. So

1. They didn't know about the update (strike)
2. After an hour they thought it was an OTA update. (strike)
3. Wanted me to leave my phone when they had no idea when they would get it to work. (1/2 strike)
4. Didn't know about Win64 driver issues (1/2 strike)

So basically they are OUT! lol

They will get it working eventually. I doubt Sprint told any of them about it or gave them the information they need so it's not really their technicians fault. In my long history with sprint there have been many times when I knew something before their techs did. Guess this will be true in Android land as well.

Upvote 0
Spoke to the tech guy. They haven't been able to get the update software to connect with the phone. When I spoke to him, he was on the line with his tech support trying to figure out how to get the drivers to work. At this point, it's a epic fail for Sprint on this update. Sprint better figure out how to do this OTA or release the software so we can figure out the driver issue.

Oh, and I asked if I could have the program to play with myself and was told "absolutely not".

Upvote 0
I arrived at noon today, dropped off my phone, and went to get lunch, and burn some time.

At the end of the two hour window, I went back to check. No luck. They said that the download was supposed to take about 30 minutes at most according to their documentation, and that for the last hour and a half it had been stuck, and the progress bar hadn't moved. I waited around another half hour or so, but they still hadn't had any success.

I don't really need my phone when I'm at the office, so I headed back to work and left the handset with them. The techs were going to continue to research and call around and see if any other stores have had any success.

I told them to go ahead and wipe the phone if it was needed. All my stuff is backed up.

I'm going to stop by there this evening after work to see if they've had any luck.

My guess... this is why it's not an OTA update yet.

All in all... I'm not too frustrated by it. I'm used to being on the bleeding edge of things. I think that they were pretty surprised that I was so understanding. Most folks probably would have been a pain in the ass by that point, and totally uncooperative.

-SF

Upvote 0
Spoke to the tech guy. They haven't been able to get the update software to connect with the phone. When I spoke to him, he was on the line with his tech support trying to figure out how to get the drivers to work. At this point, it's a epic fail for Sprint on this update. Sprint better figure out how to do this OTA or release the software so we can figure out the driver issue.

Oh, and I asked if I could have the program to play with myself and was told "absolutely not".
Go get your phoen back, tell him they suck and the dev community not only got the phone to connect, they modified cl14 to actually install AND have done it with software that isn't even ment for it.. and they cant even get it to work with the software specifically designed for the phone...

Upvote 0

Social Engineering. Say "Oh, that is a shame, I already have a copy, I got it from the hacking community, and it worked. I just wanted to see if it was the same thing. Can I at least see the screen?" (or if on the phone, ask for the name of the software) With any luck he will at least show you the screen or tell you the name, and we can go from there :)

Upvote 0
Social Engineering. Say "Oh, that is a shame, I already have a copy, I got it from the hacking community, and it worked. I just wanted to see if it was the same thing. Can I at least see the screen?" (or if on the phone, ask for the name of the software) With any luck he will at least show you the screen or tell you the name, and we can go from there :)
If it says Odin i7500 i will laugh my ass off

Upvote 0
I must be more patient than most folks.

I'm letting them try to figure it out. If it works great, if not... I'll try again in a week or so. I'm hopeful that they can make it work today. Either way, it gave me an excuse to get out of the office for a long lunch. Something I think I needed anyway.

-SF

Upvote 0
Tell them to install PC studio.. hahaha

I should be able to watch the screen of my local Sprint tech center based on how they have the computer turned in the open there. I should flash to stock and see if they'll do it for me tomorrow. I'm willing to guinea pig it.

What files do I flash for stock? lol I've done all the other stuff but never looked at the back to stock procedure.

Upvote 0
LOL, and now there is a supposed tech from Sprint named Chris over at the Moment forums, who says he has hosted the mysterious file at Rapidshare as well? This is just crazy ...

[quote author=chris5h link=topic=897.msg6394#msg6394 date=1263571372]
I just 7z'ed up the fine directley form Sprint. As posted in the other thread be care ful with this. Should be fun to poke around with though.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
[/quote]

Upvote 0
The Sprint repair center isn't all that close to my home so that I happened to be going right by this morning seemed like a stroke of good luck. I were I so lucky, The repair center(downtown Seattle) said no such update exists and they haven't heard of one coming, they completely refused to look into it because "they checked for someone just yesterday". Sounds like I wouldn't have gotten updated anyway so no big loss, but seriously, I'd like to see people get their shit together.

Upvote 0
Hey, all! I've been lurking for a while now and just registered to let you know that my Moment was successfully updated to CL14 today. The techs at the Sprint store in the Town Center Plaza in Overland Park, KS, know what they're doing. So far I'm noticing that it's faster, but that might just be because all my apps were wiped out. Now I'm busy reinstalling everything. Fun times!

Upvote 0
Go get your phoen back, tell him they suck and the dev community not only got the phone to connect, they modified cl14 to actually install AND have done it with software that isn't even ment for it.. and they cant even get it to work with the software specifically designed for the phone...

They don't have my phone. They've been trying to get the store demo to update for hours. I did mention pc studio. Next Time I'm there, maybe I'll try to get a peek at the screen, but I don't think I'm going back till they're successful. I was more curious about the update than anything else. If I really needed the fixes right now, I would have installed zefie's stuff a while ago. I'm just burnt out on the whole flashing thing after the endless (well over 100x) WM flashing I did with the TP/Mogul/6700.

Upvote 0
Hey, all! I've been lurking for a while now and just registered to let you know that my Moment was successfully updated to CL14 today. The techs at the Sprint store in the Town Center Plaza in Overland Park, KS, know what they're doing. So far I'm noticing that it's faster, but that might just be because all my apps were wiped out. Now I'm busy reinstalling everything. Fun times!

YAY! Success! There is hope.

Upvote 0
Sprint is doing the Moment so Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the Hero. Sprint gave us updates OTA. I guess it's Samsung. I here to many bad things about this phone. Actually I dont here anything positive. I wanted to purchase one, but changed my mind. I wanted to have both phones just in case the Hero cant handle 2.1. But with all these problems for the Moment I will pass. I hope the update works for you guys. Having Sence is great.

Upvote 0
Sprint is doing the Moment so Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the Hero. Sprint gave us updates OTA. I guess it's Samsung. I here to many bad things about this phone. Actually I dont here anything positive. I wanted to purchase one, but changed my mind. I wanted to have both phones just in case the Hero cant handle 2.1. But with all these problems for the Moment I will pass. I hope the update works for you guys. Having Sence is great.
Your post is worthless...

Upvote 0
LOL, and now there is a supposed tech from Sprint named Chris over at the Moment forums, who says he has hosted the mysterious file at Rapidshare as well? This is just crazy ...

[quote author=chris5h link=topic=897.msg6394#msg6394 date=1263571372]
I just 7z'ed up the fine directley form Sprint. As posted in the other thread be care ful with this. Should be fun to poke around with though.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
[/quote]

Putting something on rapidshare lately is the equivalent of locking it up in a safe.

Upvote 0

Enjoy that with your wife...Morgan Fairchild!

If you get this reference, you are @#$% OLD!!!

Upvote 0
Not in any of the Richmond Va, based stores as the two tech's doing mine called each one looking for a success story at 2;30 pm, none found yet. :)

which stores did you try? the one is short pump knew nothing about it and couldn't find any information and the one by va center commons told me to bring it in. i haven't tried the ones on midlothian or the one in mechanicsville.

Upvote 0
Zefie, Numus, and the other devs that are interested,

My Sprint store doesn't have its techs behind a glass wall or anything, so you can hang over their shoulder to see what they are doing. The program they were using to try to update my moment was this:

ICSS

I didn't ask for a copy; but the tech did mention that it was hard coded to a usb hub like device (i.e. you can't use the software without that hub). From the website I show earlier it seems the hub costs $40.00; so I think he may have been pulling my leg, or was confused himself.

If you guys want the 'tar.md5' file (this is the firmware itself it seems, not just the md5 as I thought), I think I may be able to get that? It was 138 megabytes (which is probably another reason they don't want to do it OTA.) I'm not sure if this is in the ball park of what the PC Studio version was?

I wasn't able successfully update it because the store I went to had licensing issues with this particular software and he had to call their tech support to get them to license his computer (which he said would take a day or so).

Oh, another thing; I don't know if this is the case, since we failed to update my Moment, but the tech said that he did not need to put the phone in Download mode (Send, End, Vol. Down) for it to work. Instead what he was trying to do was (Send, End, Trackpad) and going to the USB section, and chaning it from PDA to Phone. Don't know if that helps you guys out any. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones