1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Office App - Docs to go, Quick Office, Office Suite, ThinkFree, Google Docs

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jamiedolan, Sep 3, 2011.

1. jamiedolan

jamiedolan Newbie

I see questions about office apps have been asked several times, but I'm having trouble finding several specific answers.

I was ready to buy Documents to Go, then I saw a review saying it was lacking the ability to copy and paste graphics, seems like a big limitation. Anyone know if this is True?

I read some good reviews on Quick office, until I read reviews stating that it could not manage basic excel calculations, again a pretty big limitation.

Now I've become a bit overwhelmed with all the choices.

I would like something that works well with Google docs. I use open office on my computer and use spreadsheets and document the most, rarely doing anything with a presentation.

They are fairly pricey to just buy and try, and the demos are mainly limited to reading documents, which doesn't tell me a lot.

Office Suite 5 looks like about the best from what I can tell, but a lot of people seem to swear by Documents to Go. I think Office Suite might have a full demo for 30 days, I'm going to load that and see how it works. I'm a little hesitant as it seems like it must be a newer app, as it has far fewer reviews.

Any thoughts on Office Suite 5 or any of the others?

Thanks;

Jamie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

I love QuickOffice, but am also a fan of Polaris (which came with my custom ROM).

3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

QuickOffice calculates Excel formulas.
    But you have to know the spelling of the function formula.
    Probably the reviewer didn't know the spelling ;)
    But yes, other Office apps like DocsToGo show a list of the available function formulas :)

Harry