1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Office Outlook sync (not corporate email)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fasc-spo, Sep 27, 2010.

1. fasc-spo

fasc-spo Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    I am using Office 2007 Outlook to pull email from gmail. I want to add personalized ringtones to contacts but can't when syncing with gmail (weird), apparently I can with Outlook if I can figure out how to sync with it. I have a Samsung Fascinate. Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    International Sales
    New York
    It really has nothing to do with Outlook, but if you change your GMAIL settings to IMAP instead of POP3, and then do GMAIL on Outlook with IMAP - your GMAIL should be synchronized. Not sure how that would effect contact ringtones.

EDIT: This really has nothing to do with "All Things Root", neither did your contact posting. Try and post these in the Samsung Fascinate "General Forum"

fasc-spo likes this.
  3. merlbu815

merlbu815 Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Thank you for your response above. I am not using gmail, I am using another Pop3, I really need to my outlook and my fascinate calendars and contacts to be the same. I also need this fascinate to accept appointments sent to me from other outlook users. Can you point me in the right direction?

4. merlbu815

merlbu815 Lurker
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    I am using Outlook on my laptop, I needed my Droid to share my calendar and contacts. I found "CompanionLink" for Outlook. This program allows you to sync via USB, Google, and or Local WiFi... It also has auto schedule. It works perfectly.