1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Official 2.2 but apps won't close?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sabrewings, Aug 28, 2010.

1. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Okay, I'm running the Lite official 2.2 ROM. I'm seeing a lot more BS running in the background than I used to on 2.1 (using System Panel Lite). Another thing I noticed is that no matter how I try to exit an app, none of them go inactive. They are all still listed as active. I'm not hitting "home" to back out, I'm actually hitting the back button.

I didn't used to see this behavior on 2.1-1. If I backed out of an app (gmail, quadrant, youtube, etc) they went to "inactive". Now all are listed as active. I've had a ton of little quirks with this ROM but I've been working through it. It's almost totally up to what I want except the issues of stuff running I don't start ("Mail", BUA, etc) and stuff not going inactive when not in use. I don't use any ATKs or anything, since I know better. But I don't want to have to constantly kill un-needed apps in System Panel because they're not going inactive like they used to.

Advertisement

2. sabrewings

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    So, for the time being, I want to go back to 2.1-1. Really not happy with this ROM. At least I can run nandroid and get my phone back to how it was if I downgrade.

3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Well that's that great thing about root, if ya don't need the apps, get rid of em!

4. sabrewings

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Doesn't change that the apps I do want to use for some reason don't go inactive when I back out of them. That's not cool to me.

5. sabrewings

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    I decided to move over to Skyraider 3.0RC2. We'll see how it treats me.

6. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Assistant Manager for Verizon Wireless
    NJ
    Its eh..overlapping icons is teh big gey

7. sabrewings

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    I like it so far. Doing a lot better than the official OTA ROM. Looking forward to trying something baked by Adrynalyne or eventually a CM6 variant.