Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SonicBoom, Aug 3, 2010.
I never rooted and updated to 2.2 in less than 5 minutes with no hiccups. Loving 2.2!
same exact problem ...... had to reset second phone and clear all data ..... it reset to Froyo 2.2 and seems to be much faster than the one that experienced no upgrade problem.
I was rooted, updated fine, still rooted. I am about to update my wife's X to froyo since she just got home from work. Hers was never rooted so it should just take a couple minutes and be fine. Ill let anyone know if I run into any problems but I doubt I will.
Found my problem, I didn't have background data activated...works gooder now
Should I get the leaked 2.2 or not? Do I need to root to do it? I have heard people are having issues with the market after, does appbrain still work?
No you don't need root. I went ahead and did the 2.2 update. I like it
The 4700 score is a fluke. Not repeatable for sure.
~2200 is good though
Speaking of which, here's mine, lol
Think I'll wait for OTA. Too much confusion it seems right now.
My X is doing just fine.
I just realized that my Signature conflicks with what I just Posted...Hmmmm
You guys are mean .
Who had 4700? What does that mean, 4.7ghz?
Did you guys that updated with root have to move your su file or did you simply run the .zip file? Please advise. I already have the .zip file on my SD card and just waiting....don't want to loose root.
haha. I think I am going to wait too, too many things can go wrong, its just not worth it.
Market works... just make sure to turn background databack on!
I did it this morning... from that post that is stuck.
It was easy... 1.2.3
I'm waiting for the official ota.
No they're yanking your chain. You can modify your phone so Quadrant will give any arbitrary score.
I'm waiting for the OTA myself although I don't know how long I'll be able to resist.
are you able to hit this on a consistent basis? if so what are you doing to make this happen?
This is exactly how I'm thinking right now.
I can't wait to hear about some bug in the leaked update, and then that the fix will come a month after the official 2.2 ota.
Idk, I'm just a pessimist. Maybe I'll make the jump tomorrow if things keeping looking up.
You need to move it from system/bin to system/xbin, use the instructions in the all things root section if you have any other problems. I updated just fine and still have root working perfectly. Oh and make sure you move it, not copy it, some people were having problems this morning that copied it.
Just updated my wife's non rooted X, worked fine, took about 10 minutes from start to finish.
Not sure why that would happen. I used the manual update to update my D1 on a number of occassions. A few "official" released and some leaked. Never had issues with OTA's failing. If it was an "official" then I just didn't get an OTA push. If it was a leak and was a different version number, OTA would send the newer version.
Trust me, this "leak" is an opportunity for Moto/VZW to get some free beta testing out of this. They aren't going to screw those who updated with the leak.
Same thing happened with the EVO. People upgraded before the "official" was released and it was fine.
i had that issue as well. i loaded appbrain and downloaded something, then tried market again and it worked fine.
enabling stage fright by editing the build.prop file.
there are 4 media lines that say something along the lines of stagefright = false
Just switch them to true and see the results.
2000+ is consistent.
What about for the non rooted casual user?