• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official 2.2 Froyo OTA thread

How did your update to 2.2 turn out!

• I had never rooted, and it worked fine.

Votes: 108 57.4%
  • I had rooted, and it worked fine.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I had never rooted and got stuck at the MOTO screen.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • I had rooted, and got stuck at the MOTO screen.

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
The 4700 score is a fluke. Not repeatable for sure.

~2200 is good though :)

Speaking of which, here's mine, lol

quadrant.png

Upvote 0
Think I'll wait for OTA. Too much confusion it seems right now.
My X is doing just fine.
haha. I think I am going to wait too, too many things can go wrong, its just not worth it.
I'm waiting for the official ota.

This is exactly how I'm thinking right now.

I can't wait to hear about some bug in the leaked update, and then that the fix will come a month after the official 2.2 ota.

Idk, I'm just a pessimist. Maybe I'll make the jump tomorrow if things keeping looking up.

Upvote 0
Did you guys that updated with root have to move your su file or did you simply run the .zip file? Please advise. I already have the .zip file on my SD card and just waiting....don't want to loose root.

You need to move it from system/bin to system/xbin, use the instructions in the all things root section if you have any other problems. I updated just fine and still have root working perfectly. Oh and make sure you move it, not copy it, some people were having problems this morning that copied it.

Upvote 0
Let's see what happens when OTA updates fail. :D

Not sure why that would happen. I used the manual update to update my D1 on a number of occassions. A few "official" released and some leaked. Never had issues with OTA's failing. If it was an "official" then I just didn't get an OTA push. If it was a leak and was a different version number, OTA would send the newer version.

Trust me, this "leak" is an opportunity for Moto/VZW to get some free beta testing out of this. They aren't going to screw those who updated with the leak.

Same thing happened with the EVO. People upgraded before the "official" was released and it was fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones