• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [OFFICIAL] 2.2 ota is live for evo

Question.... if I updated a few days ago via leaked update .3 will I get an OTA download or will those of us that upgraded via leaked .3 not get an update via OTA?

Im in the same boat to. It looks like we got to wait for a different revision. Im sure it shouldnt be a big deal, we should get it soon enough. I think.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Grabbed it via wifi at home in about 6-7 minutes. Rebooted automatically, ran through its update and done.

Total time about 20 minutes start to finish. Only problem I have which still present is the WiFi failed automatically connect. I had to stop then start it to get it going again which seems to be a recurring theme for me. Anyone else having the same problems with wifi?

Upvote 0
Im in the same boat to. It looks like we got to wait for a different revision. Im sure it shouldnt be a big deal, we should get it soon enough. I think.

Well.... since my EVO is screwed up (touch screen issues) I'm going to install the 2.1 RUU and then check for the OTA... unless I hear any objections.... by the way, anyone know if there is a fix for scren issues. I've got phantom dialing and swiping on most days or just not touch sensitivity at all other days... my phone works the way it should 10% of the time... damn back ordered EVO's com'mon already!

Upvote 0
Flash is awesome. i'm not seeing added "snappiness" at all though, then again my 2.1 was snappy. Market apps weren't showing at first, but a reboot fixed that. Haven't had time to do much with it since the OTA update finished, but still seems about like the 2.1 performance i had. I'm running LauncherPro and only have a few apps and widgets running anyways, so guess i wasn't expecting to see much difference. Wifi is still showing 2 bars for me and i'm 30ft from the router, same as in 2.1. Not complaining, just making observations...

Stock keyboard is now multi-touch. I can hold 1 key while pressing others and they all work. Along with typing "kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd" really fast lol And just when i was getting really comfy with the single touch, they went and made it better on me :)

Oh, and did i mention flash is still awesome, gotta be the #1 thing for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones