• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Official 2.2 SBF Update Thread::.

yup us who didn't read directions DO NOT SBF 2.1 after OTA 2.2
or those of us who read it afterwards.
we need the full SBF 2.2
others that are having issues: Go to Verizon Service Center - Tell them OTA did this.
They may or least they did for me - Send you a replacement.
I'm lucky...still got my Droid 1.
They told me they don't have the flash for 2.2 yet either.

Upvote 0
I hit 30 days tomorrow, so they're sending me a whole new phone, instead of warranty replacement. But if I can fix between now and then, I'd cancel it and tell them to keep it. I bricked mine early yesterday morning, while there were only a few posts about it occurring.
i think i might have been the first to brick..lol
but my replacement will be here tomorrow. i just wanna use my bricked phone as a Guinea pig. just to see whats what...

Upvote 0
Great Idea!
I think you still have a few days maybe even like 30 once you get the phone to send it back.
So...hmmm...try all the mods/hacks IF a SBF 2.2 is released.
I really want the black status bar HA.
Just this new Bootloader/Update is really iffy to do anytype of Mod. Who knows...?!!?
I do know ROOT does work with new OTA 2.2 no errors with the DoRootForWindows.zip and the new SDK.

Upvote 0
Testing would be nice. I think our main problem is nobody has a 2.2 SBF. If I had the file, I'd be testing right now. I'd be testing all kinds of stuff, until I get my replacement.

We are still waiting on the actual release.
This release may come from somebody out in the wild who may know how to extract the OTA 2.2 from their local cache.
Or somebody who has the inside on Verizon, the stores will eventually get the flash file to flash phones @ the store.

*sitting tight*

Upvote 0
I think it means more that at around 3PM, he heard that someone might have it... at 5PM, he confirmed that someone has it. I hadn't heard that TBH system sbf was pulled.

Do you follow him on twitter? if so he said it there and the link to it now say it was taken down for copyright violation (or something like that)

Rootwiki still has it up.

Fab do they have the 2.2 complete sbf?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones