• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official 4.1 OTA Next Week

chevanlol360

Android Expert
Oct 28, 2011
new york

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372947250858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372947250858.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 146
They launched with ICS not long ago..... and now are going to release 4.1??? should have gone for 4.2 since 4.3 is coming soon.

4.2 is fairly new, manufactures won't just update to get you to the latest one. They always go in order, no matter how long it takes for them to release it. Even The Samsung galaxy s2 was updated from ICS to 4.1. The current s3 is running on 4.1 I believe, let's say Google release 4.3 today. Samsung will update the sg3 to 4.2 first. Then 5-8 months later they release 4.3 for it. They never skip a android version.

Reactions: svz235
Upvote 0
Won't the new bootloader overwrite s-off? Once the ota is out if some brave soul updates please post me a nandroid so I can make an install for others. Not just that but we will be able to use the boost 4.1 with s-off. Remember if you are running my 4.1 port you will need to downgrade to receive the update.

Soff is permanent... But that still means I'll need to modify the zip a little bit for us. I'll also pass the hboot to fuses to get a new moonshine hboot created

Reactions: irishobo
Upvote 0
When the first person gets it, if they upload it here I will make sure nobody has to wait for their wave :) and I'll mirror it to all my mirrors so that everybody grabbing it doesn't kill the servers

Now thats what I'm talking about! go Team One SV! for those of you that had the Prevail, do you remember wearing out the F5 key on your keyboards when a new ROM was coming out? LMAO! its gonna be like that tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Be patient come tomorrow...updates roll out in waves. Some people get them right away, and some have to wait 1-2 days...don't let it drive you nuts.

Patient!!! You can tell that to the guys at the ZTE sequent forum. LOL
They were waiting for this update for a long time.

One of the guys that made the update rom (SuperR) already have about 1600 views in his thread since he posted it 24hr ago!!!
Talking about "...don't let it drive you nuts" LOL

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Talking about people coming from the Prevail...... Helo and Guspeed, I just talked to Wyelkins and he's gonna be getting the SV tonight. It'll be nice to have him over here. Hey fellas, it's kinda like old times huh? Lol:D

I was a lurker in that forum before joining!! I used Guspeed's themes before I met him in the Warp forums!! Now a bunch of us are here again:) Crazy!!!:p

Upvote 0
Talking about people coming from the Prevail...... Helo and Guspeed, I just talked to Wyelkins and he's gonna be getting the SV tonight. It'll be nice to have him over here. Hey fellas, it's kinda like old times huh? Lol:D

I was a lurker in that forum before joining!! I used Guspeed's themes before I met him in the Warp forums!! Now a bunch of us are here again:) Crazy!!!:p

What a great community the prevail one is, great memories, lots of fun and wonderful friendly people always eager to help you in any possible way.

And now this SV forum is getting better and better by the minute!!! Love it!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones