• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Official] 5.0.1 Update Discussion - Support

Don't worry, at least you have the update available if you chose to manually flash it.

I'm still waiting for firmware to even be posted for my Nexus 7 LTE. How ridiculous is it that all of the Nexii have it except for the flagship mobile versions of both Nexus 7's?

Stupid, that's what that is.

True, I'm just afraid to screw it up. But I'll wait patiently, just figured by now I would have had it in an OTA.

Spoke with AT&T today and 5.0.1 apparently started to roll out as of yesterday 1/6/15 to AT&T devices.

Got the update last night and so far very stable. No issues that I've run into so far. Still no compatibility with AT&T visual voicemail though. 73MB is the update size for AT&T. Took about 7-10 minutes to download and install. Any other AT&T specific Nexus users get the update?

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Well this started out buggier than a bait shop. :thinking: I waited an extra month for this update?

Initially I lost my ambient notifications as well as the ability to look at email in portrait mode (it immediately went to landscape viewing if I pulled up either Yahoo mail or Gmail) ??? WTF ? - Also some little things, like lag at launch for like Twitter or Tumblr or other graphics intensive apps ... so I did a virtual battery pull (hard reset) and that seemed to work. Then this morning the landscape thing again and no ambient notifications? So tried another hard reset and so far so good. But we'll see. o_O Hoping to not have to do a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones