1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories [OFFICIAL] Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Aug 27, 2017.

1. WeeWilly

WeeWilly Android Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Rescue, California
    Yep, Chief, I'm about to give up. This afternoon I got an email saying my Samsung order had shipped, but it turned out to be the Adaptive Fast Charging Vehicle Charger, which the website had been showing as back ordered.

Advertisement

#76 WeeWilly, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    The_Chief likes this.
  2. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    And my charger still says backordered. How'd yours get shipped before mine?

marctronixx likes this.
  3. WeeWilly

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Rescue, California
    I have no idea, @kokiangel, because I ordered mine after you posted about it. I would have been much happier if they had shipped my Alcantara case. Last night I watched Flossy Carter review official Samsung Note 8 cases, and at 9:40 on the video he reviews the Alcantara case and said it was his favorite Samsung case.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Alcantara case. Yesterday the Samsung website said the case ships in "...3 to 5 business days". Today it says, "Ships in 7 to 10 business days."

#78 WeeWilly, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    Just a heads up on the Gear VR, apparently the previous Gear VR model will work, just needs an adapter like the two you usually have in the box, check this video out, might save you a few notes(haha)
    I have the R323 VR model, not sure if it would work with that though.

5. WeeWilly

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Rescue, California
    A Good Glass Screen Protector For The Price - Before spending $45 for a glass screen protector for my N8, I decided to give the amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector a try. Installation was easy and bubble-free, and I have changed cases a couple of times and the protector edges haven't lifted. The protector does pick up a lot of fingerprints, but that seems to be a fairly common problem with glass screen protectors.

marctronixx likes this.
  6. GamerCore

GamerCore Android Enthusiast
    Phandroid Staff

If you're going to be using the Galaxy Note 8 more than usual or spending a long day away from the outlet, a spare battery is paramount to keep your phone juiced up and topped off.

Here are a few of my favorite portable battery banks for the Galaxy Note 8:

7. mdssac

mdssac Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Well it happened. My new note 8 fell out of my sweatshirt pocket this morning. I was folding laundry early morning, put the phone in my sweatshirt pocket and as I turned it went flying. It was all in slow motion as I watched it fly through the air onto my hard as a rock tile floor. I saw it hit on the corner of the phone and come to test on the floor.
    I let it sit there a moment as I was afraid to pick it up. Finished folding and grabbed it. Well all I can say is thank God for the tech21 cover. Not a scratch. No issues at all. Glad I changed from the Alcantara to the Tech21 a couple days ago.
    Tech21 imo is the way to go.

marctronixx and Queen Strega like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!