• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Android 2.2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone help me please, i have done something wrong and want to cry lol, not only did i click to partition without backing up my sd card, but i pulled battery out quickly to prevent it but it was too late, i went into the phone to format it but it wouldnt remount so i rebooted the phone, now the phone just sticks on the htc menu, with and without memory card installed, please someone help me, i cant lose my contacts in my phone, i havent got it backed up as like an idiot i have formatted it and messed that up, my life is over lol.

Upvote 0
i am seeing a lot of responses in xda community regarding some unofficial version of froyo ROM being distributed. It contains Sense UI and every new things... and seeing the responses I am getting a feeling that the ROM is stable.

Then why the hell couldnt HTC officially release the same???? I know there are stringent quality tests but still tehy should be atleast able to give a solid date(solid date I mean a date nt christmas or quarter or anything like that)

If any one has got any official info regarding the same pls post it over here...

Upvote 0
An image being stated stable by the user community is not the same as HTC saying it's good to go.

After all they have a lot more to lose if it goes wrong and fails in one way or another.

HTC will release in their own time, but if you can't wait stick the XDA stated Stable Sense ROM on.

I went for the more raw Froyo ROM (No Sense) and it's excellent, but it still gets patched pretty much every day.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Desire is a great phone but the video/audio playback being out of sync drives me nuts!.

I contacted HTC who said "make sure the video is in the right format". Fat lot of help that was!

I can't see the point in adding 720p recording - they should get the basics right first - like sorting out the terrible AMR super-low-bitrate mono sound on the camcorder app.

Does anyone know if mono recording is a hardware limitation ?

Upvote 0
The Desire is a great phone but the video/audio playback being out of sync drives me nuts!.

I contacted HTC who said "make sure the video is in the right format". Fat lot of help that was!

I can't see the point in adding 720p recording - they should get the basics right first - like sorting out the terrible AMR super-low-bitrate mono sound on the camcorder app.

Does anyone know if mono recording is a hardware limitation ?

what kind of program are you using to convert videos? as for me never had this issue if you conver with SUPER with right settings, e.g. like mine:
1. microsoft zune (mp4) container 2. H264/AVC output codecc 3.AAC LC audio codec 5. video 720:480 video resolution 6. 16:9 aspect ratio 7. 29.97 fps 10. around 800-900 of bitrate in kbps and in options Hi Quality, 48K Audio are selected
i leave audio at 44100 sampling frequency 2 channels and 96 kbps of bitrate.
and then convert it :) for me never had out of sync issue, also you can play with settings to find the right one or depending on what videos are you watching you can just use Xvid player for android and avoid any conversions from xvids or dvixes :)
hope it helps as i couldn't really understand the question

Reactions: Missing_Link
Upvote 0
Do you think it will be a problem updating to 2.2 (when it ever comes out) with an Orange branded Desire?
Just that Orange have pretty much took over the handset with their shitty apps you can't delete and wondered if they could block any software updates being applied??

just updated my orange branded desire to 2.2 today but i cant make calls it says application not installed on phone everything else seems ok

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones