1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

OFFICIAL Android Feature Wishlist Thread

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by onthefence, Nov 13, 2008.

1. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Definitely this^^, you would have thought with YouTube being a Google product now this would be an app feature, would be nice to be able to have the app keep playing in the background while doing other things on the phone, like having YouTube playing playlist or something on the computer and working away in another tab/programme.

Advertisement

Sunil Guta likes this.
  2. GreenDino

GreenDino Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I would love to have a slide up bar, like the iPhone. The one that has flashlight, calculator, etc. It would really come in handy

Sunil Guta likes this.
  3. It was great information about android app for everyone...Thanks for share news

4. staypuft1652

staypuft1652 Active Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Male
    Freelance Philanthropic Entrepreneur
    Bismarck, ND, USA
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet or not, but it would be nice to have a media volume slider in all iterations of android, not just some, or custom roms, but a slider in the notification drawer, or even a stock widget would be awesome. And as stated previously, since the trend for carriers may possibly be to make it incredibly difficult to root their handsets, being able to uninstall, or at least disable all bloatware type apps, basically anything that can safely be removed. I dont believe being forced to live with amazon, verizon, samsung, dropbox type apps will ever convince me to use them or subscribe to them.

5. icyshogun

icyshogun New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Male
    Android flaghship devices with removable batteries.

notacoach and staypuft1652 like this.
  6. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    and expandable memory. Although having removable battery also stops the likelihood of waterproof phone. Maybe a gimmick to some but a pretty good feature to me, every little helps in protection.

staypuft1652 and Thom like this.
  7. tma

tma Active Member

Jul 24, 2011
    I'd like text to speech to work in Chrome. Having articles read to me while I'm driving would be awesome. If this functionality is out there already I can't find it.

notacoach likes this.
  8. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Take a look at Tasker.

... Thom

9. Jhayzone

Jhayzone Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    A standard of 5000-6000mah battery and manufacturers getting rid of the slim is good motto. I just hate having slim phone for some reason maybe it really is not my taste but I also don't understand why people like having slim phone. My phone that carries a 4000mah battery(even though I love it very much) is still way too slim to my liking since its 0.9 cm that is why I put it on an armor case. I want my phone looking like a sturdy piece of device.

#484 Jhayzone, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  10. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    How long does a charge have to last? 48 hours works for me with a slim phone and a 3000mah battery.

... Thom

11. Jhayzone

Jhayzone Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    A week was a norm on my XpressMusic days so it will be really great if I can get back on that but my phone right now last for about 2-3 days of browsing, music, gaming and fb since I have an average of 9-10 of SOT(right now my phone is currently 23% with already 7 hours and 30 minutes of SOT and WIFI at 11 hours and 15 minutes) and 4-5 days if I really can't be bothered charging. Even though those are very sweet numbers if we can pack more just like ZeroLemon's 10000 mah battery for note 4 I can't see why we can't push the norm higher.

12. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    Try this app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hyperionics.avar
    You activate it from the share menu of your browser and the app opens your webpage with playback controls (pause/play/stop). Works better with some sites than others, sometimes the format of the page prevents the app from reading correctly. Also sometimes the app reads the fine print at top/button of the page that you're not interested in. Not perfect, but pretty good.

13. loadeddiapers

loadeddiapers New Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Telco Engineer
    Indonesia
    Better separation of Google Account in Playstore and to everything else (contacts, drive, etc)

14. Ajinkyag911

Ajinkyag911 New Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Male
    Nice post

15. madrussian

madrussian New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Female
    Option to remove or recolor the texts and widgets on lockscreen.
    [​IMG]
    I'm using a "blank widget" to remove the clock widget. It's annoying that there MUST be a widget there. Removing those texts would be cool too. Or even better, change their color. I saw a few people who managed this, but they messed around with some deep stuff, which I dont want to get involved in.

16. The Roid

The Roid Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    1. Flash support
    2. Ability to delete bloatware
    3. Built-in Keep and File Explorer

TheMink likes this.
  17. JoshsUniqueUsername

Jul 4, 2016
    Male
    I want to see a flip phone but they are both touchscreens, so like two phones glued to a hinge

18. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Male
    typical engineering solution

19. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Holograms. I want hologram messaging.

20. TheMink

TheMink Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I'd like something that can give you a real, useful measurement of how much space is available on the Android device.

21. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
  22. frusciante54

frusciante54 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Male
    1) Completing the night mode. I had trouble sleeping until I discovered a program called f.lux for my PC. It seriously helped me. It would be awesome to have a night mode feature that work within the system. Because those third party apps just don't work properly.
    2) Better notifications. I don't know what's wrong with these notifications but it really pisses me off when a new notification pops up at the bottom, then just when I decide to tap it, it moves to the top. They should fix this. It was just working in my older device where I had Jelly Bean. And they should add an option to pin notifications to the top (for the ones which are always there, can't be swiped to clear).
    3) Bring back the old data manager. I used to be able to see how much of data I used on cellular network, day by day. But now, I can only see from a certain starting point. For instance, 22nd of every month. In my older device, I could swipe the starting and ending point to see between dates. For instance, I could see how much data I've used between 3rd and 4th of this month. That way, it was really easier to spot the data hungry apps.
    4) Add finger gestures to stock launcher. I really like the stock launcher, being very fast and all. But I'm really used to the Solo Launcher's finger gestures. For instance, I can just swipe down from anywhere on the launcher screen to open the notification bar. Double tap anywhere on the launcher to lock the screen.

(I'll add more if I can think of any)

23. Petros Field

Petros Field New Member

Mar 7, 2017
  24. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I want the ability to toggle my notification sounds of all my apps on and off while keeping the ringer on all the time.