• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OFFICIAL Android Feature Wishlist Thread

I mean like if you have several photos that you want to keep inside each music folder. Seperated and find them really easy, instead of scrolling through several photos of clouds, people, trees even, then you will know "Hey there is my workers at heart." Share it really quicker that way.
Most gallery apps have an option to view images by the folder they are stored in, so you should be able to do this anyway. Google Photos doesn't, but that's typical of Google's "we know best" attitude, and it's really easy to solve if you just download another app.

But that was really the bit I didn't understand: when you said you wanted to be "without any means of downloading one via the store". Because that would mean you were stuck with whatever the manufacturer put on the device, which seemed to me to be extremely undesirable. As long as you can download another app you don't have to put up with whatever junk is pre-installed, but there is no way that manufacturers (including Google) can be relied on to make good choices of what apps should come pre-installed.

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
Most gallery apps have an option to view images by the folder they are stored in, so you should be able to do this anyway. Google Photos doesn't, but that's typical of Google's "we know best" attitude, and it's really easy to solve if you just download another app.

But that was really the bit I didn't understand: when you said you wanted to be "without any means of downloading one via the store". Because that would mean you were stuck with whatever the manufacturer put on the device, which seemed to me to be extremely undesirable. As long as you can download another app you don't have to put up with whatever junk is pre-installed, but there is no way that manufacturers (including Google) can be relied on to make good choices of what apps should come pre-installed.

Without any different accessable points, to have mesured out, jumping via blue tooth. I must of wrote this without paying too much attention man, I keep doing it more and more :) Thanks yeah, there is no determination either.

Upvote 0
Feels ridiculous the state of things.

I feel like I shouldn't need to ask for a phone that can have an extended battery upgrade again. At this point, I'd be fine basically "a v20, but with 5g radio support". It has a headphone jack, it has quick charge, and with the extended battery, i can use it all day at work without the need to bring a charger or anything of the sort.

It's frustrating when you're in a best buy or a carrier store and the flunkies they hire to work there can't seem to understand that factory batteries don't effing last. I shouldn't need open heart surgery levels of skill to replace a dead battery, and i sure as crap don't like being forced to upgrade every year or replace a phone every month. But that is my reality with sealed battery phones, for as long as I've had the privilege of having wireless phone service.

How can it be called an upgrade, if the new phone's limitations force me to regress my usage to accommodate it? How can a phone be considered good, if it's already dead or whinging for a recharge by my first break of a work day?

Upvote 0
Well in the UK, you can get the CUBOT Note 7 or P40 phones from EBay sellers. Both are Android 10 with removable batteries.
Unfortunately, that won't help much if it won't operate on the networks here.

Last time, i was desperate enough to consider this Oukitel that came with a 10k mAh battery from the factory. But nothing from that brand would operate on any of the carrier networks in the States.

It's somehow worse than the regression in audio capabilities for PCs. It's downright oppression.

Upvote 0
Does any one need an app like this?
To create this art, from wire
PSX-20210412-221102-1618286405.jpg

PSX-20210412-220615-1618286390.jpg

Upvote 0
Well that ship has long sailed: back in 2008 when that post was made phones contained almost no storage and relied heavily on microSD. Now a large number of phones, including every phone made by Google themselves, don't have SD slots. In fact installing apps to SD at all is a legacy feature as far as Google are concerned (they haven't supported it themselves for 8 years now). So just forget that one, it isn't going to happen.

(Plus, of course, microSD cards are much more fragile than internal storage, and using them for data that are frequently updated will reduce their lifetime. That's one reason I would personally never format an SD card as internal storage).

Upvote 0
(Plus, of course, microSD cards are much more fragile than internal storage, and using them for data that are frequently updated will reduce their lifetime. That's one reason I would personally never format an SD card as internal storage).
100% this.

I can see the appeal of microSD expandable storage for storing videos or photos or other such "static" content, but using them for running apps is asking for trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones