• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Bionic Release Date Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Gonna be a long wait, but look on the bright side. We can watch all the other new phones hit the streets as well as the elusive Verizon iPhone. :) I can't wait. I'm ponyin' up for two Bionics on launch date fo' sho'!

thought you were going to say you were getting the iphone lol was going to say alot of people may chew ur ear off if you said that

Upvote 0
I'll be picking one of these up on launch, with a 1 year contract. Luckily Verizon still does 1 year contracts, hopefully they don't decide to discontinue the 1 year contract.

Im gonna call tonight to find out if they still do, I haven't heard any news saying otherwise though. I alway's do one year contracts and renew it 10 months into the contract to a new one year, you pay more upfront for the phone but at least you dont wait 22 months.

I am glad I waited though, the DX was my choice before this phone was announced, I knew the dual core phones would be announced at CES I just didn't know what to expect but I am very excited about the Bionic. I hope it will be out soon, I am hoping for March although it makes no difference since my one year contract will end in about two weeks but I have been eligible for an upgrade since end of November.

Upvote 0
If phones keep coming out at the rate they have been as of late, I do hope even if worse case scenario this is out by June that it wont be considered old or outdated. The Tegra 2 architecture should hold up fairly well to anything released that might be considered marginally better for the rest of this year. I dont really foresee anything in the pipeline, that being at the very earliest the end of Q4 that can really rival the Tegra 2.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I will be doing a 1-yr as well. It's worth the extra $70-$80 especially if they aren't doing NE2 anymore.

If I recall for the Incredible it was only $50.00 more. $199.99 vs. $249.99, for that to me it is a no brainer. Especially if you pay for insurance. The insurance for that extra year will be nearly the $50.00.

Upvote 0
If I recall for the Incredible it was only $50.00 more. $199.99 vs. $249.99, for that to me it is a no brainer. Especially if you pay for insurance. The insurance for that extra year will be nearly the $50.00.

it was 70 more when i got my fascinate 269.99 vs 199.99 but it was well worth it now I am due for an upgrade in july which should be right around when some real super phones come out

Upvote 0
I'll be picking one of these up on launch, with a 1 year contract. Luckily Verizon still does 1 year contracts, hopefully they don't decide to discontinue the 1 year contract.

I doubt they would get rid of 1 year contracts I know alot of people would leave over this. I only do 1 year contracts so that would really be a bad move if verizon did that

Upvote 0
With all of Verizon's recent changes to meet Job's rules on how to sell Apple products I cannot see anyone looking at a 2 year contract as a great deal when the difference is $70 out of pocket. I am still undecided on the Bionic vs ThunderBolt and I have compared them both pro and cons alike. Besides I tend to move more quickly from one phone to another selling the old to pay for the new.

To really benefit from the Tegra 2 Dual Core we need Gingerbread/Honeycomb and its going to launch with 2.2 (hopefully 2.2.1) so that means late summer for 2.3 or hopefully 2.4 which is updates to Gingerbread 2.3.

Still if the phone isn't coming out until April I cannot see any reason why they are not launching it with 2.3, they have months to get it done and given past Moto OTA updates and how well they went I would be suspect on this going any better.

Just food for thought.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones