• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OFFICIAL CWM 6.0.2.7 and CWM Touch

yes, but system and app settings will not carry over. All the apks will be there.

edit: as long as your wife has a warp sequent lol

very good point, dont flash it on a different kinda phone but i assume youd know that by now lol. it wont copy over user installed apps though only system apps. make anything you want a system app using titanium backup or manually moving them and youll be able install it on her phone using this, then in the event you have to do a factory reset you wont lose that app. you can factory reset the phone all day and youll just lose settings. i personally have a handful of apps permanently implanted in my phones rom

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
very good point, dont flash it on a different kinda phone but i assume youd know that by now lol. it wont copy over user installed apps though only system apps. make anything you want a system app using titanium backup or manually moving them and youll be able install it on her phone using this, then in the event you have to do a factory reset you wont lose that app. you can factory reset the phone all day and youll just lose settings. i personally have a handful of apps permanently implanted in my phones rom

Right on, me too. I converted quite a few of her apps to SYSTEM for just in case the 6yr old got ahold of it... I dunno how, but back a cpl years ago that little one managed to wipe Google market from a non rooted phone! (Metro POS) Lucky it wasn't mine, lol. I didn't learn about rooting until junkie was working in making CWM the first time for the sequent. I embedded Nova Launcher (for the Unread plugin), RealCalc (scientific calc), Alarm clock xtreme (pro), CM File mgr..ect & removed the stock apps. Made Good friends w/Titanium Backup too:cool: :beer::D

Upvote 0
USB mass storage not working on standard CWM. Wife's Phone is pre JB (still b09 ICS - her preference). Don't know if it's a conflict w/Linux Mint 15 or what... It was Rooted back in April when I still had Windows on my PC but never had need or desire to transfer data via USB mass storage in CWM. When USB storage is selected, nothing happens on PC at all. No connection, no icon, no notification that the phone is present. Any clues? I do NOT have this problem with Cwm Touch..

Upvote 0
USB mass storage not working on standard CWM. Wife's Phone is pre JB (still b09 ICS - her preference). Don't know if it's a conflict w/Linux Mint 15 or what... It was Rooted back in April when I still had Windows on my PC but never had need or desire to transfer data via USB mass storage in CWM. When USB storage is selected, nothing happens on PC at all. No connection, no icon, no notification that the phone is present. Any clues? I do NOT have this problem with Cwm Touch..

Others have said similar things. I think formatting sdcard was the thing that helped. Not sure about that though lol Mint 15 is probably not the culprit. If you have another sdcard laying around, try tossing it in and see if you have the same problem.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Plz simplify it for me? Lol. The file is labled recovery.img and is in root of SD card.. I keep getting errors
yhamy8eq.jpg

yhede6az.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones